Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Thanks. I was going to suggest you post a photo in your riding gear.

I should add ya don't need those semi-functional clip shoes either. I ride on broad platform pedals and regular shoes or sandals. Actually I prefer Crocs because I have crooked broken toes on one foot, any sort of confined shoe pedalling and after a while they begin to hurt. Likewise I can move my feet around on the pedals to alleviate fatigue and knee pain.

Is there a good blog site (like 24HCF) devoted to biketouring?

The original blog site, 14,000 tour blogs now, but archaic and hard to blog on...

www.crazygyonabike.com

A pity one Mohawk Indian guy took his blog off. He wanted to be the first guy to ride a bike from Michigan to Nunavit, the Innuit state up in Canada. All dirt roads, he had to carry SEVENTY POUNDS of dried food to cache on the way up so he would have something to eat on his way home. The black bears en route had never seen people. One time he stopped to take a leak and a big boar steps out of the woods, picks his bike up by a pannier and walks off with it. He had no weapon (Canada), what saved him was the bear tore into a pannier and bit into a pressurized can of mosquito repellent, the burst scared the bear, which ran off. I think some other Indians got PO'd at his unflinching candid take on the Cree he met, and he pulled the blog.

...and the best bike forum I've found, I learned a great deal starting out from the folks on the "touring" page. Over there I'm "Sharpshin".

https://www.bikeforums.net/

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744