Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Leighton... never mind me sleeping on the dirt, I was more impressed with you walking up to a crowd of strangers and then winning (or at least being in the running) a beer bong competition, drinking their beer yet, and everyone applauding.

That takes uncommon talent cool

Right then, 7:10am, time to hit the road...

That must've been that other big boned wayward half-breed Yankee that you saw. My beer bong shenanigans ended in the early 90s, I'm pretty sure. Good for that dude, though. The locals were a riot and welcomed our squad in with open arms and shared their camp, their booze and maybe the best part, kick-ass brisket done right then and there and served up to all in thick, tender slabs between two slices of white bread.

I'm pretty sure this was the last evening we saw one another. Your on screen attitude seen is exactly what you're like: laid back and quietly taking in the scenery. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vIpSx5mE3M&feature=youtu.be

At about 3am the next morning, I dunno', some 6 hours after this was shot and after our little siesta, we struck north and you gave me a whirlwind dead of night tour of SA, highlighted by a 'open all nite' taco joint feast and a viewing of the Alamo before dropping me off at the AP. Good times. You still have that cooler I gave you--the one I customized with genuine crocodile leather hinges? wink

You only live once, and I admire a man that pushes off the way you do on your trips. May your journey bring you big smiles and wonderful memories, tomodachi.