Thanks to how wide the Central Time Zone is, usable light out here all the way until 9:30pm. At which time God arranged for a roadside picnic area to appear. Looks clean. Ordinarily I wouldn’t choose such a obvious spot to put in for the night but the roadsides the last two hours since SC have been rough and rocky. Only smooth spots were the concrete aprons of drain pipes going under the highway which could be magnets for critters of all sorts, many of which prob’ly aint condusive to a good nights sleep. There is one about 100 yards away where I could go if I need to crap.

Two 24oz water bottles drank in the last two hours, working on a third. Three left, plus 3L of water in the Camelback in reserve. 25 miles (three hours) to I20 and Big Spring in the morning. On 24oz bottle is soaking two green tea bags and a packet of sugar for my morning shot of caffeine.

Peaceful out here, just the frequent roar of passing trucks, a lit up industrial site about 100 yards away (other direction) and the friendly blinking red Christmas lights of the windmills on the hilltops all around.

Prob’ly just gonna sleep on a table, no skeeters so far. Not really hungry after the DQ experience and obligatory chocolate milk before leaving town. Might leave the 1/2 gallon of milk until morning, it’ll prob’ly keep.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744