Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You get any pictures of you with Big Jim or The Grand Poobah up on the High-Line ?

Didn't happen, the GP was on a time-sensitive dog mission and could only stop for a moment, plumb forgot with Jim, when I go visit someone I usually don't take photos of them or there place figuring they woulda posted such already. Never occurred to me that I forgot to ask Jim for a photo until your post.

Damn.

Next time.

Pictures I did get, first day at least, were mostly of crappy road conditions and how I really didn't want to get run over.

For example the Hwy 84 bridge over the Missouri going north out of Great Falls, I rode the sidewalk...

[Linked Image]

Looking back on Great Falls from the top of that hill, heavy traffic but shoulder not bad....

[Linked Image]

Next hill about a mile along, almost no shoulder, I had to bail onto the grass about once every minute or two when there was traffic in both lanes, especially involving trucks. Got so bad I thought about turning back...

[Linked Image]

This is what that ten mile stretch of highway looked like from a car, took this from my buddy's SUV on the trip back. 70 - 80 mph traffic, and me, 'spect I was cursed at quite a bit, never did stray across that white fog stripe tho, and lost much time bailing onto the grass when necessary...

[Linked Image]

This was farm country, during the wheat harvest yet, and when that wide-load pilot vehicle came by ya better pay attention, I was thinking of these things as "cyclist sweepers", designed to sweep the shoulder of unwanted cyclists....

[Linked Image]

....and in a rare and unanticipated double cycle sweeper event, this other one tried to sneak up on me from behind while I was preoccupied with that first one...

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744