It’s really not that hard. Trick is to be patient and just spin along in a gear lower than feel “right”, as long as you can see that front wheel rolling you’re making progress.

Anyways as per usual it was nearly 10 before I actally rolled out the door, all the minor details that need doing. Only made it 25 miles before I was met by a southbound line of storm cells. So here I am at Paula Dean’s restaurant at Bass Pro killing time waiting for it to pass.

My bicycle trip metabolism ain’t kicked in yet, when it does you can eat anything and everything all day long, it just disappears into a void 🙂

‘Nother 45 miles to Luckenbach, the first 15 of that up the I10 access road to Boerne, which is gonna suck, especially in the wet. The storm cell looks to be stalled out just north of here, northwest to Boerne might take me around it.

1pm now, if I roll out at 2 that leaves nearly 7 hours of daylight to get to Luckenbach.

Thanks for the kind thoughts all cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744