Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Turns out Forrest Gump was right; about thirty minutes along I come across a Campfire member (Dave AKA Timbermaster) waiting by the side of the road waiting for me.

Now, at times like this you really do reap what you sow, I mean some guys here are so widely disliked they coulda just been run over, or else left tied to a tree in Griz Country covered in BBQ sauce.

But, since I'm usually polite to folks here, Dave (not the d&&khead, I mean another Dave) was concerned, offers me a ride to West Yellowstone AND gives me a down sleeping bag cool cool cool cool

See, Haysoos looks after his own sometimes smile

Drives me thirty miles here in return for which he graciously allow me to buy him lunch.

Some may call this cheating but the rules plainly state that when some guy you've never met drives 60 miles out of his way to help ya out, ya get a free 30 miles.

I didn't ask Dave if I could post his photo here so I won't, but here is a photo of one of the coolest guys on the 'Fire on his bicycle, BFE Montana.....

[Linked Image]

Dave (the cool one, not the other one) waited along this stretch, it really was a thirty mile haul through nowhere up them mountains to get to the Caldera....

[Linked Image]

Backing up, the view into the Madison River Valley yesterday morning....

[Linked Image]

Main street Ennis, and the Shedhorn, a freakin' awesome outdoors/gun store....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That’s awesome!

Look me up when you get to Massachusetts.

Will do, by then I'll really be needing a pair of 8x42 Swarovskis to continue my journey.... cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744