Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It had to be unbelievable for Lewis and Clark seeing that country for the first time!

...and on the way back, John Coulter asks to be cut loose, turns around, goes back UP the Missouri and discovers Coulter's Hell, AKA the Yellowstone Caldera. One tough futhermucker for sure.

I just want to get to Old Faithful, take a photo, and be on my way. That's 178 miles from here, most of it uphill, with at least two climbs on a par with today.

Six days if I'm lucky, more likely seven, possibly eight or more.

From there 112 miles to Cody, including a hard 30 mile climb up that famous valley with all the buffalo, moose and wolves and grizzlies.

On the positive side, ever'body knows its mountain lions that take out weary cyclists and not buffalo, moose, wolves or grizzlies smile

Don't think I'm gonna make it to Cody in time to jet down the plains back to San Antonio, Lubbock remains a possibility, and I could fly back from there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744