Mr. pal:
I would submit that Birdie knows a heck of a lot more about what he is doing than you. Remember, he rode from Tx. to NY and a considerable number of miles in Europe with pretty much the same outfit.
I myself ride a 50 pound Pashley that is not near affected by wind as a many pound lighter bike, remember this is not the TOF.

I did not find his response insulting, but I did see your post as coming from a condescending, self-righteous, know-it-all-prick, to be not only rude but inappropriate, targeted toward derailing this wonderful thread.

If you are dressed correctly and have the water, desert heat is not something to be terrified of, I am from the Deming, Lordsburg, Rodeo, Hachita, NM area where I have worked and played outside all my life so I feel I may know a bit about the desert.

The Birdwatcher is taking the time to keep us up to date and post pictures of an epic journey, he does not need the drivel that you posted. Sir, you should apologize to the Birdwatcher and then stay off of this thread.

Rock on Birdie!!!.

To All
Su Amigo Whistle

Last edited by whistle1; 07/03/19.