Very cool. The neighbor has ridden from sea to shining sea and back home again in one summer. Although he is an Ironman Athlete the competes in Hawaii every so often. His bags are all brown and you can barely see the tires. Not sure what Bike he rides now ill have to go ask.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Birdman post a pic of your rig. Ive been going thru the thread off and on and haven't seen one.

Here it was in Ireland three years back, ain't changed since then.

[Linked Image]

An '89 Schwinn Voyageur steel-frame touring bike, everything switched out except the frame, front and rear deraillieurs and the downtube friction shifters.

'Nother pic, NY State in 2014....

[Linked Image]

I don't believe its possible to have a TOO low gear, 44,32,22 chainrings in front, 12-36 cassette in back.

[Linked Image]

Prior to this last trip I switched the worn out (aluminum tubes get abraded over time) front and rear racks with the equivalent Tubus racks, a minor detail. And ever since Coach Popovitch started trashing President Trump I had to ditch the Spurs coozie.

If I were looking to replace this bike I'd look no further than a Surly Long Haul Trucker, 26" wheels, maybe disk brakes.

https://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."