Day Two:

This was in my sheet in the morning, a psuedoscorpion, maybe an inch long......

[Linked Image]

Just outside of Craig, that's the Dearborn River joining the Missouri from the west, it was soon figured out you could save 400 miles following the Dearborn west than you could following the Missouri which flows from the south all along this stretch....

[Linked Image]

Drift boats for fly fishing piled up in Craig, ain't seen drift boats since the the Upper Delaware on my NY bike trip. The rancher lady at the bar said if ya can't catch trout on the Missouri ya can't catch 'em anywhere.... Meanwhile up at Wolf Creek a couple of local guys said everyone fishing at Craig are from somewhere else, you can tell because they catch fish and then just let 'em go.....

[Linked Image]

Two thumbs up for this place, open at 8am and free WiFi, a local rancher lady tends the bar in her spare time. Good coffee and all the good conversation ya can handle, makes me sad tho to be around the local alcoholics getting their morning fix. Like everybody else, the rancher lady did observe that Montana is being bought up by Californians at an alarming rate.....

[Linked Image]

Among the graffiti on the porch, the words of a sage....

[Linked Image]

At the places I've been so far Montana is the land of happy dogs, this one in Craig reminded me so much of the late lamented best dog in the world in my avatar that I took her photo...

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744