Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by drover
Birdie,

While in Great Falls take time to go a few miles south to Ulm, MT and see the Ulm Pishkun, it has been renamed to the more politically correct First People Buffalo Jump State Park, it is one of the largest and oldest buffalo jumps in the country and is very interesting to see.
Google for some good info about it.

Also take time to see the Charlie Russell Museum in Great Falls, I think it will be very interesting given your interest in "old time" stuff.

drover

Hey tks,

Biggest problem I'm gonna have is keeping momentum and getting the heck out of Dodge, fer example my buddy and his sons are at a place called Sealy Lake catching fish right now cool

Obviously there's some serious hill climbs out there, and obviously I'm on a heavy bike which will cut down on my average miles/day. At this point a Great Falls, Old Faithful, Cody, Great Falls triangle circuit looks to be about 750 miles, which means I'd only have to average 25 miles/day.

I forgot to mention the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center in Great Falls, right up your alley. You could do the Ulm Pishkun and L&C center in a day, the Russell Museum would take another half day. I think given your interests that the Ulm Pishkun and L&C center would hold more interest for you.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.