birdie, in the spirit of good humor, you're really rockin' the male version of this:

Hey tks, pretty sure those Humbolt Honeys would do me, 'long as I didn't talk politics. Bird watching was always the charm, I'd get laid even when I wasn't looking to get laid.

But bear in mind what I wear ain't merely affectation, or just affectation, it works.

Down time today, just hanging around the Texas Tech campus which is mostly quiet for the summer. Go out by 6:30am and went looking for the University Strip, all the funky college restaurants, clothing stores and coffee shops. Didn't find one yet, just a Starbucks on a highly commercialized high-dollar setting, which is unfortunately how colleges seem to be going nowadays (ex. Guadalupe adjacent to UT in Austin and the Northgate Strip adjacent to A&M). So for a bit now I'm in the Starbucks and tho an old labrador too old to retrieve, my coed detectors are still going off big time "beep....beep....beep....beep".

I mean sure their conversations seem as inane as they've ever been, but we don't care because they're hot.

Anyways I'm gonna keep this thread going into Montana so I don't get up there and lose a week just hanging out with friends.

Ruminations on getting run over..... the biggest threat on these things.

It would suck to end the thread that way (for some here at least) and I'm happy to say a lot of friends and relatives would prob'ly be devastated, 'specially the grandkid.

This is the way it works in Texas: If I'm on the roadway at all its either because there ain't a shoulder or if there is the chipseal is too rough to ride efficiently.

I will bail off the asphalt in a heartbeat, doesn't matter if I have the legal right-of-way (which I often do).

Straight road, I hear 'em coming maybe a quarter to a half mile back. If its a four lane highway and two vehicles side by side approaching from the rear I will bail off of the roadway because I know the guy in the right hand lane maybe has nowhere to go. Same thing if its just a two lane highway and there's traffic going in both directions.

But here's a scenario which happens four or five times a day....

Flat open road, I'm on the white line or close to it for a reason, vehicle approaches from behind, right lane. As he closes in I'm watching in my mirror, fugger doesn't give an inch, if anything moves right, passes so close like I could reach out and touch them.

Pi$$es ya off no end. I wrenched my left rotator cuff in the days before the trip else I'd raise my left arm and flip 'em the bird as they pass, then as they move away I'm flipping them the bird high and proud, fugg you AND the horse you rode in on. Once I was ON the shoulder and a guy in a tanker truck crosses the white line and hits the rumble strip right next to me as he passes.

I gotta quit getting PO'd. First off, if they're texting, they might not have seem me at all. Otherwise, even if they were screwing with the bicycle idiot on purpose, what purpose does it serve to flip 'em the bird? Like I really wanna escalate out there on the side of the road.

Gotta revert to my public school mindset; dont get PO'd, never escalate.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744