NO bugs at all under the Guadalupe River bridge at Sisterdale, no idea how this can be possible with the Guadalupe River and Sisters Creek right there. Didn’t bother with the tent just threw out a cotton sheet, slept on it.

And the inflatable pillow, always bring an inflatable pillow.

Put your glasses, flashlight, iPhone and Ruger LC9 w/nine round mag in your big ol’straw hat so you can find ‘em in the dark.

No thunderstorms either, they missed.

I brung a 32oz copper cup, filled it with a dry oatmeal/granola mix, added the quart of milk I bought six hours earlier (milk will keep that long easy) and ate it like cereal. If you do not eat fiber on these things, you might not crap again for a month plus oatmeal/granola digested overnight is my baseline fuel.

Four 24oz water bottles give me a 40 mile cruising range.

Could be 20 miles (2 1/2 - 3 hrs) to the nearest caffeine from here. Drop two green tea bags into a water bottle and wait about 20 min. Green tea caffeine is the best, gives a long-lasting lift and won’t burn your stomach like coffee often does.

Beautiful morning, damn it feels good to be on the road again smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744