Worked out the water deal, i now have six 24oz bottles plus a 3L Camelback bladder. So now out here I don’t gotta stop where there’s water. For example I’m at the DQ in Stirling City now, forty miles/five hours to Big Spring. If I roll about 7pm I can cover two hours of that before I quit at dark
Rolled out of the motel at 9am, found Ft Concho, the bookstore is now a cowboy boot place. Awful time finding breakfast, all the place had across from the old bookstore site was bagels. Ate four, rolled out at 11am.

Hwy 87 so far is GREAT, low grades, wide smooth shoulder. Paused for a 2hr nap en route.

I am happy to report that White people in Stirling City are still having kids. I am less happy to report they all bring em to the DQ about this time of day.

Two rules on a bike trip; never pass up an opportunity to eat and never pass up a bathroom opportunity. Eating a chicken taco salad with yesterday’s lettuce now. Gonna pick up a half gallon of milk on the way out of town and sleep out under the orbiting space junk, just like the cowboys did cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744