Originally Posted by BayouRover
Still more interesting observations from your trip, Birdie.......... Two thumbs up.

Truly a personal adventure that most here wouldn't even consider. Good job and thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm still blown away that I can look at a bicycle and decide which route I wanna take to cross North America cool

Back to the trip.

Jim's place weren't all that far away, an easy day, no rush.

First thing of interest I seen when underway that morning was this marker for Fort Assiniboin, built in 1879 to counter any incursions by Sitting Bull's Lakotas in exile in Canada. In hindsight this sounds sorta ludicrous but perhaps a testimony to the profound effect Custer's defeat on the Little Big Horn just three years earlier had on the national psyche.

[Linked Image]

Wasn't much to see, just a few red brick buildings way in the background.

[Linked Image]

...and a local issue..... dunno what to make of it....

[Linked Image]r

Seen three of these on the descent to the Milk River Valley, State-run waterfowl production areas, looked like all at different elevations along the slope . I dunno if they were natural and how that related to the water table.

[Linked Image]

One last turn and then.... AT LAST.... HE FRIGGIN' LEGENDARY HI-LINE..... see them hills in the background? That was on the Hi-Line. Hey, if it weren't for visiting Jim I coulda turned around right there.....

[Linked Image]

...but if I had I woulda prob'ly spent the rest of my life blissfully unaware of an unfolding tragedy...... shocked

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744