Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Help guys!

I have 3 kids, the oldest two are easy enough, they do something wrong they get punished, they feel bad, its over.
Middle child I can just look at and it's enough.

My youngest who is 4, doesn't care. To the point we have removed most of her stuff toys, stuffed animals etc. as they are now in timeout.
We believe in spanking, we have a paddle, nothing we do works with this child she just doesn't care if she gets in
trouble, her intimidate gratification is all that matters to her.

She spends more time in trouble than not. My immediate thought is it is attention seeking behavior, but this is simply not the case.
When she does something good I've learned it just to distract you from whats in the other room. She lies, she sets up the other kids, and blames them.
She blames the dog and the cat, told me the dog threw a rock at my truck window, when I saw her do it. While i was playing with her.

The older kids are respectful and obedient and she just refuses to do anything that she doesn't want to.
Yesterday we were going to go fishing, I told all three to go put on there swimming suites, (knew we would get wet)
Go into here room and she has dumped every dresser drawer, because she was mad that her new swim suit didn't have
a unicorn on it.

This is embarrassing as hell, but I just don't know what to do, I feel i focus most of my home time dealing with a little girl who
is hell bent on destruction.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
good luck, you are in for a long haul and can only pray. one of my steps sons was like that. only thing that change him was having kids of his own.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i actually broke my foot kicking him him in the ass one morning after he stole my car that night. he got locked up from 16-19 after he got out he started coming around slowly, but having kids is what changed him.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sounds like the wife of a friend of mine found a time machine.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wait until she turns 12. Girls are the worst.

There's one thing I've learned about raising kids is that the problems never go away, they just change. My kids are 27 and 31. They're good respectable adults now, but there's always some kind of issue. Mostly being financially responsible.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Autism

Get a good leather strap to her, while there's still a chance

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Help guys!

I have 3 kids, the oldest two are easy enough, they do something wrong they get punished, they feel bad, its over.

My youngest who is 4, doesn't care. To the point we have removed most of her stuff toys, stuffed animals etc. as they are now in timeout.
We believe in spanking, we have a paddle, nothing we do works with this child she just doesn't care if she gets in

She spends more time in trouble than not. My immediate thought is it is attention seeking behavior, but this is simply not the case.
When she does something good I've learned it just to distract you from whats in the other room. She lies, she sets up the other kids, and blames them.
She blames the dog and the cat, told me the dog threw a rock at my truck window, when I saw her do it. While i was playing with her.

The older kids are respectful and obedient and she just refuses to do anything that she doesn't want to.
Yesterday we were going to go fishing, I told all three to go put on there swimming suites, (knew we would get wet)
Go into here room and she has dumped every dresser drawer, because she was mad that her new swim suit didn't have
a unicorn on it.

This is embarrassing as hell, but I just don't know what to do, I feel i focus most of my home time dealing with a little girl who

You gotta break that spirit man......

Has a defiance to authority issue. JMO..
My middle daughter ( 3 of em) was just the same little schitt like that when young.
Hand , paddle , time out, take away toys. No activities.
Nothing fugging worked
Belt on that ass did.
All it took was 2 times.
She smartened the fugg up fast and got put in her place on the food chain.
Did it with her little blue Jean's on too.
Made a offhand mention next time it will be in your underware.
Some people might have called it child abuse.
Them people would pay 1000,s for child shrink sessions also...

Fugging Hot wheels track on my ass put me in my place when I was about 5 or 6....

Or else that kid is gonna control everyone directly and indirectly as she gets older and smarter and figures out how to play everything to her advantage.

JMO......

My daughters turned out allright
2 oldest are officers in the army
Youngest is still in college running up my food and utility bills, home on summer break......

Last edited by renegade50; 06/24/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Help guys!

a unicorn on it.

You gotta break that spirit man.
Belt on that ass.
Or else that kid is gonna control everyone directly and indirectly as she gets older and smarter and figures out how to play everything to her advantage.
don't work on some, you jut got to let them suffer the consequences.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Couple of swats on the butt with my hand has worked really well for my 2 year. Now not as often, but when she doesn't get her way she'll throw a fit. I ignore her and after a couple of minutes of banshee wailing she'll stop and c'mon over and give me a hug. Feel for you brother. We have alot ahead of us. Best of luck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My kids all got spanked when they acted up which wasn't that often. Ironically none of them believe in spanking and their kids act up all the time. We grandparents just shake our heads.

living the good life every day
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
In Educational Psychology class, the professor called it "torpedoing".

Occasionally, with some kids, you have to blow them clear out of the water. The trick today, is to figure out how to do that without going to jail.

With my aunt and one of my cousins, forty years ago, it was a glass of ice water right in the face when he would lie or disrespect her. HUGE shock value with a toddler, and no lasting marks for overly protective grandparents to become concerned with.

Teachers in the class room like to use embarrassment, but that works better on teenagers.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just let her know she's loved.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yep.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by deflave
Just let her know she's loved.

Before, after, and during the discipline.

Our kids all got big hugs after they got their butts paddled. If you are too mad to hug a kid, you are way to mad to be dealing out discipline, whether corporal or not.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Help guys!

a unicorn on it.

You gotta break that spirit man.
Belt on that ass.

I know man.
Some it works
Some it dont.

I'm thankful I didnt have kids that had ta learn schitt the hard way.

And like ya said
Some kids gotta pay some hard life lessons to learn.
Some never have life lessons either.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Teachers in the class room like to use embarrassment, but that works better on teenagers.

Can't do that any more, Sunshine's self esteem might get damaged.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Small chores (bigger as they got older)
Responsibility
Accountability
Reward

Also became a part of my 3 knucklehead daughters Iives as kids and young adults.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Takes a pretty damn good dad to ask for help, especially on a forum like this.

Attention is attention, whether good or bad and it seems that’s what she’s after. I agree with the shock value. The fear of a spanking is where spanking works, not the actual spanking itself, IMHO. I might lay off the paddle and try a different tactic.

They gotta know rules and consequences.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And don’t discount the idea that she may need a little professional help. You never know what’s going on in those little heads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
And don’t discount the idea that she may need a little professional help. You never know what’s going on in those little heads.

Yep. There's no shame in getting a little help if necessary.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.