Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[quote=FatCity67]I wouldn't have wasted the time posting and waiting for a consensus thats for sure. But since you asked.

quote]

I just wanted to hear what the Fire had to say, that's all. I pretty much got the responses that I figured I'd get.

I'm sure the problem will be solved by this evening.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 06/26/19.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least make it sporting and use a sling shot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
At least make it sporting and use a sling shot.

Ya know, I had a guy working for me about 25 years ago that was from Guatemala. I saw him take out a squirrel from 50 yards one time with his "Ling Shot". He was pretty damn good with that thing.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

They are good fun. I busted out a 'coons grill about 10 years ago. Steel ball right to the mouth at 5-6 yards. Made a hell of a mess out of him!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice!

They are good fun. I busted out a 'coons grill about 10 years ago. Steel ball right to the mouth at 5-6 yards. Made a hell of a mess out of him!

Oh my god, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. LOL laugh

Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
68 Chevelle.......dead bird.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
An old movie comes to mind: Bye, Bye........

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut

on a '68 Chevelle ?

that fugger would be gone.........

Yup, it's time...

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was being tongue and cheek with my answer. Didn't mean anything by it.

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
[quote=FatCity67]I wouldn't have wasted the time posting and waiting for a consensus thats for sure. But since you asked.

quote]

I just wanted to hear what the Fire had to say, that's all. I pretty much got the responses that I figured I'd get.

I'm sure the problem will be solved by this evening.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had the same problem....the same bird crapped on one of our cars 2 or 3 times every day, right on the side mirrors. I bought one of those plastic owls with the large glass eyes, and I have had a problem since. You are supposed to fill it with sand or anything heavy to get it to stay put, but I just stuck a stick up through it and let it move in the breeze looking down at our driveway. We'll see if it works in the long run.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Mothballs in the garage.

It could eat a tick and save your life. smirk

I'd rather have a 100 birds than have everything smell like moth balls.

That stinkin' crap repels ME pretty good too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha, me too Barry but i think they are pretty sensitive and only a few will do.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a cardinal at work that does that to my truck mirror. I remember the days of raging hormones. I give him a pass. lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wrens were trying to nest in my shed. A wren fits perfectly inside a #0 victor longspring
with only the neck caught between the jaws. 30min - 2 wrens - prob solved.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, it appears as though the neighbors cat must have gotten him. wink Maybe a fox. We have a lot of foxes running around. I haven't seen him around and there were a few feathers in the grass next to the driveway.

Did I tell ya about my air rifle? It's pretty bad ass. It's a Gamo Varmit Velocity. I think it was about 75 bucks at Cabala's, but I used my points and got it without forking out any cash. It shoots a 17 cal. 6 grain lead pellet at 1250fps. It has a 3X scope on top and I've got it sighted in at 50 yards. If I were to shoot at this bird from 10 yards, it would probably shoot a little high and I would probably miss him on the first shot. That would force me to take a second shot at him. I think I would aim about 1" lower on the second shot in order to hit him. But we'll never know because the neighbors cat got him.

Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rooster7
My wife HATES birds. She would have had me kill it the moment it entered the garage.

If I were you I would shoot it and play dumb.

Just hang some shiney/reflective party decorations on the garage door....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't kill the little guy. Get a plastic owl they work well. I have one.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well, it appears as though the neighbors cat must have gotten him. wink Maybe a fox. We have a lot of foxes running around. I haven't seen him around and there were a few feathers in the grass next to the driveway.

Did I tell ya about my air rifle? It's pretty bad ass. It's a Gamo Varmit Velocity. I think it was about 75 bucks at Cabala's, but I used my points and got it without forking out any cash. It shoots a 17 cal. 6 grain lead pellet at 1250fps. It has a 3X scope on top and I've got it sighted in at 50 yards. If I were to shoot at this bird from 10 yards, it would probably shoot a little high and I would probably miss him on the first shot. That would force me to take a second shot at him. I think I would aim about 1" lower on the second shot in order to hit him. But we'll never know because the neighbors cat got him.

Hahaha!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm glad the "cat" got it.

For future reference, regarding the "third S", you may want to consider what your State agency has to say on the matter.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/MBirdTreatyAct.aspx

Pertinent parts quoted:

"The Migratory Bird Treaty Act is the primary legislation protecting native birds in the United States and one of this country's earliest environmental laws. It prohibits the "taking" any native birds; "taking" can mean killing a wild bird or possessing parts of a wild bird, including feathers, nests, or eggs. Exceptions are allowed for hunting game birds and for research purposes, both of which require licenses or permits. It is also illegal to try to incubate wild bird eggs, to keep nests or eggs even for "show and tell" educational purposes, or to have road-killed birds in your possession without a permit. (Note: Injured native birds should be brought immediately to a licensed, trained wildlife rehabilitator who handles such species.) " (my bold)

"It is illegal to transport, trap or kill native non-game adult birds like Blue Jays or Mockingbirds without a permit, even if they are harassing birds at nest boxes or feeders.

"Despite the title, the Act also protects birds that are not considered "migratory" (like eagles, hawks, and Chickadees). "

I'm surprised birdwatcher didn't bring this up........then again he catches a lot of flack around here for other things so maybe he was just keeping his head low.

Be grateful for the neighbor's cat! wink

But, as someone else mentioned, might be best to not bring these things up on a public forum. (look at the penalties in the article). Someone here might get angry at you sometime, I hear it happens, all the way across country even. smile

Geno

PS, if bird crap bothers some of you folks, you don't want to see my truck when the robins are here for the winter eating juniper berries. They LOVE my lumber rack.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.