Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It would seem to me once a woman gives notice of her intent to abort a child, that child has had any and all legal rights revoked. That would by necessity include citizenship.

I think that child now has a claim of seeking "political asylum" as an illegal alien, they're just at a different boarder.

An astute attorney could tie this up in the courts for a decade or so. Meanwhile abortions would be stayed until such time a opinion is issued.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Such trickery only works in favor of the Left tho the illustration here of their absurdity is an excellent one.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
an astute attorney? i was going to say that was a contradiction in terms.

but on second thought, i'm sure there are some of them out there.

many of us believe the american bar assoc. leans democrat.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Such trickery only works in favor of the Left tho the illustration here of their absurdity is an excellent one.

That transparent? Ok, but it also has the added benefit of throwing in a significant portion of "illegals" whom them left has no inclination to protect. Give em hives on two fronts.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
It would seem to me once a woman gives notice of her intent to abort a child, that child has had any and all legal rights revoked. That would by necessity include citizenship.

I think that child now has a claim of seeking "political asylum" as an illegal alien, they're just at a different boarder.

An astute attorney could tie this up in the courts for a decade or so. Meanwhile abortions would be stayed until such time a opinion is issued.

Won't work.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Most clever!

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've used this to send leftist bloggers into apoplexy. They seem to be of the opinion that abortions are had by a 'wide cross section' of humanity and NOT largely by the liberals....!?!?!?

You know, the more I read about this issue, the more, I think that I might be beginning to change my mind.
I am Republican, right wing, conservative, and evangelical, pro-life, born again……….whatever.
For the most part republicans raise little republicans and democrats raise up little democrats….. for the most part.
It’s also true that the ‘Lions Share’ of abortions are received by those who call themselves liberal or democrat.
According to the latest tally there has been something on the order of 60,000,000 abortions performed since Roe v. Wade, 1973. That’s a lot of ‘swing vote’…..
Thank you!
Personally I find it revolting, repugnant or despicable that one could find anything that could be called good in this unholy mess.

Once they attack the veracity of my point, I then offer them this........

In 2011, 17% of legal induced abortions occurred in California (AGI). In 2010, unmarried women accounted for 85% of all abortions (CDC).
Women living with a partner to whom they are not married account for 25% of abortions but only about 10% of women in the population (NAF).
Black women were 3.7 times more likely to have an abortion in 2010 than non-Hispanic white women (CDC).
The abortion rate of metropolitan women is about two times that of women who live in non-metropolitan counties (NAF).

The abortion rate of women with Medicaid coverage is three times as high as that of other women (NAF).
Women between the ages of 20-24 obtained 32.9% of all abortions in 2010; women aged 25-29 obtained 24.5% (CDC)
About 13 percent of American women are black, yet new figures from the CDC show they account for 35 percent of the abortions.
In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born there (24,758), and the black children killed comprised 42.4% of the total number of abortions in the Big Apple, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
There were 6,570 more abortions than live births of black children. In total, there were 73,815 abortions, which mean the 31,328 black babies aborted comprised 42.4% of the total abortions.
The report is entitled, Summary of Vital Statistics 2012 The City of New York, Pregnancy Outcomes, and was prepared by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Vital Statistics.
National Abortion Federation (NAF)
Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI)
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/vs/vs-pregnancy-outcomes-2012.pdf
http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22689931/...ortions-not-who-youd-think/#.VFKLbTTF8qZ

So we are looking for a California, New York City, or otherwise metropolitan Woman, unmarried, living with a partner, age 20-29, not white, on Medicaid.

Call me crazy, but that’s not your average conservative.

Usually all you hear is crickets after that.................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Both parents should have to agree before an abortion.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is that pesky 14th Amendment to contend with that defines birth as one of the prerequisites to citizenship.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge
There is that pesky 14th Amendment to contend with that defines birth as one of the prerequisites to citizenship.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Correct, and this challenge of status would see to it there is a birth.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimone
Both parents should have to agree before an abortion.

Couldn't agree more. Presently males are only entitled to the liability portion of children.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both parents should have a say and an agreement before an abortion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, we would have already lost the country if not for abortion?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
For now I'm content with abortion photos at the Republican debates....just for the dialogue and degrees of humanity of course.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Your challenge is deeply flawed based on the initial premise.

You can't revoke citizenship and the legal rights that come with citizenship prior to birth because citizenship is granted at birth, not prior, this is per the very plain language of the the 14th Amendment. You cannot revoke that which has not been granted.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If it's completely "her body and her decision" then it's also her responsibility. If she has the baby, she has to support the baby, period. If she elects to abort the baby, she owes the father "reparations" for the support that child would have given him in his old age.

The above is in the event of the unmarried woman, of course. If they are married, the man and the woman have equal legal responsibility fr both the decision and the result.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 06/29/19.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
It is my understanding you can’t buy life insurance for an unborn child. The abortion law is for woman and freaks who believe they are women.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I think reparations should be paid to the babys father.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How about we keep the babies, put them up for adoption, and abort the parents of unwanted children?

Last edited by gregintenn; 06/29/19.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Your challenge is deeply flawed based on the initial premise.

You can't revoke citizenship and the legal rights that come with citizenship prior to birth because citizenship is granted at birth, not prior, this is per the very plain language of the the 14th Amendment. You cannot revoke that which has not been granted.

I believe that citizenship is an entitlement due, and termination of a fetus terminates that entitlement. The courts have accepted that. I don't believe the courts can deny a challenge to reinstate the entitlement. The child bearer has at this point relinquished any parental responsibility, so the partioner as a friend of the fetus is asking for reinstatement of that (and other) entitlement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.