Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
... Ascribing it to magic is acknowledging
the evidence of supernatural works being performed by Christ.

Some people form or adopt that belief and some are far more susceptible to doing so than others
...but belief alone is not necessarily truth. nor is what ones perceives
[when they claim to have witnessed something], necessarily the truth of the matter.

People with preconceived beliefs or just easily influenced minds are known to go calling some things miracles,
when in fact they are not.

People who watch magicians can actually start to 'believe' something appeared or disappeared or changed etc,
right before their very eyes!
easily forgetting the whole game of magic is based on ILLUSION [ an erroneous or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience.]
then that is compounded by DELUSION [an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality]

Magicians create the illusion and then they let those in the audience create their own delusion.

A persons CREDULITY is the most powerful weapon magicians, illusionists, mentalists and preachers use.

MAGIC (otherwise known as trickery) is a powerful weapon that instead of developing critical and rational thinking in people,
screws deeply in them credulity/amazement and establishes wonder and the inexplicable into
a society already ill and rotten by subjective beliefs and other irrational and ridiculous superstitions.

Please explain how magic worked when prophecy was given, separated by 700 to 1000 years prior to fulfillment works?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
There are too many contradictions in the bible and between religions for all of their claims and beliefs to be true.

List your favorite three or four "contradictions in the bible," please.

I don't want to get bogged down with multiple examples. There are websites that have whole lists of contradictions.

I'll give one example that deals with the nature of God as described in the bible. The stark contradiction between a cruel vindictive deity and a god of love;

God is love. - 1 John 4:8
Love is not jealous. - 1 Corinthians 13:4
God is jealous. - Exodus 20:5

So let's begin with what God describes as His character--God is love and God is jealous. Contextually how do we understand these attributes. God so loved the world He gave His only Son and in another passage He loved us while we were yet sinners. That is a picture of His unconditional love for sinful man. God is jealous--but in what way is God jealous? Jealousy needs defined because it presumes jealousy about something or over something and can be a positive or negative inference.

This is a classic example of the alleged contradictions posed by the skeptics--the contradictions are only in their own minds because they want the contradictions to be there so they can dismiss the message of the Bible. Most of these examples are easily resolved with context, common sense, and an honest desire to know the truth.

Only if you ignore what is written and throw logic and reason out of the window.

The full context of this contradiction gives a definition of Love, what love entails, how love is expressed....which is in stark contrast to descriptions of the same god behaving vindictively, killing for trivial reasons, ordering slaughter, condemnation of generations for the 'sins' of their forbears, etc.

1 Corinthians 13; Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''

1 John 4:7-8; Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

As opposed to

Exodus 20:55 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

so YHWH will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nothing; (Deut 28:63)

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes. (Proverbs 1:26)

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos
3:6, KJV)

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? "
(Lamentations 3:38)

The two opposing sets of descriptions are clearly not compatible. They are irreconcilable.

So, on the contrary, it is the believer who dismisses these contradictions with no consideration, perhaps not understanding the argument, or even what a logical contradiction happens to look like.

Studying those "noncanonized lost books" would answer these very questions for you DBT. Having not read nor studying them requires one to attempt to explain this away which I'm sure will not convince you of anything. It sure didn't me way back when and many women won't even go there with the standard explanation of, well you see, you don't understand God and how this all fits together for good, ect. ect, ect. blah, blah, blah. I look at those institutes and the commentators who legitimatize the myth that those books weren't canonized and only canonized books are legit because: blah, blah, blah , I view them as the Cabal and the talking heads of the news media.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Jahrs

Some people form or adopt that belief and some are far more susceptible to doing so than others
[when they claim to have witnessed something], necessarily the truth of the matter.

People with preconceived beliefs or just easily influenced minds are known to go calling some things miracles,

People who watch magicians can actually start to 'believe' something appeared or disappeared or changed etc,
easily forgetting the whole game of magic is based on ILLUSION [ an erroneous or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience.]
then that is compounded by DELUSION [an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality]

Magicians create the illusion and then they let those in the audience create their own delusion.

A persons CREDULITY is the most powerful weapon magicians, illusionists, mentalists and preachers use.

MAGIC (otherwise known as trickery) is a powerful weapon that instead of developing critical and rational thinking in people,
screws deeply in them credulity/amazement and establishes wonder and the inexplicable into
a society already ill and rotten by subjective beliefs and other irrational and ridiculous superstitions.

Please explain how magic worked when prophecy was given, separated by 700 to 1000 years prior to fulfillment works?

Project Pegasus?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity.

A few verses referencing prophet criteria

2 Peter 1: 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [a]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 28:9 As for the prophet who prophesies peace, when the word of that prophet comes to pass, then it will be known that the LORD has truly sent the prophet.”

Yep! Those books sure fit under this.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
From my studies I find that if you forsake Christ as the head of the body, your prayers and rituals are cast away and He hears you not, so why is the church crying "Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."

His death had to take place. I don’t believe that they were considered “the Church” at that time.
A few prophecies that were proclaimed and fulfilled concerning Jesus Christ

• Bible Prophecy: Isaiah 53:3 says, "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not."
• Fulfillment: John 1:10-11 says, "He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him

• Bible Prophecy: Psalm 41:9 says, "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me."
• Fulfillment: Mark 14:10 says, "Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them."

• Bible Prophecy: Zechariah 11:12 says, "I told them, 'If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.' So they paid me thirty pieces of silver."
• Fulfillment: Matthew 26:14-16 says, "Then one of the Twelve - the one called Judas Iscariot - went to the chief priests and asked, 'What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?' So they counted out for him thirty silver coins."

• Bible Prophecy: Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."
• Fulfillment: Mark 15:5 says, "But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed."

• Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:1-2 says, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent."
• Fulfillment: Matthew 27:46 says, "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?' - which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"

• Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:7-8 says, "All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: 'He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.'"
• Fulfillment: Matthew 27:41-44 says, "In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 'He saved others,' they said, 'but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, I am the Son of God.' In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him."

• Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:15 says, "My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death."
• Fulfillment: Matthew 27:48 says, "Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink."
• Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:17-18 says, "I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing."
• Fulfillment: John 19:23 says, "When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom."

Again, signing a 501c3 contract is taking a bribe or a gift of money. And what church stood up publicly against Roe vs Wade? Is innocent blood now being shed? 501c3 status is a gift, a bribe, and because of it the church was silent in Roe vs Wade and now innocent blood is being shed.

Ezekiel 22:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 In thee have they taken gifts to shed blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord God.

Exodus 23:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

Deuteronomy 19:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

Mark 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Galatians 5:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Proverbs 6:16-19 King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and HANDS THAT SHED INNOCENT BLOOD,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Revelation 18:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Deuteronomy 27:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Raspy
These questions may have never been answered

origin
meaning
morality
destiny

What's more honest. Make up an answer, or just admit that you don't know?

To admit that one does not know is more honest and that is ok.

It is faith, either you believe or do not believe.....it is a fifty fifty chance......the toss of a coin, either Heads or either Tails....Heads= peace, love, happiness forever....Tails= nothing, lights out, thats it, nada....

For me, I do not want to be shocked when I die and then find out there really is something on the other side of the grave...if you were a Tails believer, lights out, nothing, nada....but when you die and see that there really is something and you were a Heads believer, then WOW...

Raspy,

What you're describing is known as Pascal's Wager.

There's a few problems with it. Just because there exists two possibilities, that doesn't mean they are equally weighted. Every time you drive to work, you can either get in an accident, or not get in an accident. If there were equally weighted possibilities it would happen roughly every other day, but I'm sure that's not the case for you.

Yes, Pascal's Wager, ....it is a 50 50 chance that the coin will be either heads or tails...choice....One does not choose to get in an accident, sometimes it happens through no fault of your own...but if you think like Pascal, either there is, or either there is not a God and Heaven, the fifty fifty chance is my choice that there is a God and I'll strive to do all i can in order to go to Heaven.

Over the years i have been going back and forth about if at death, one chooses Tails, lights out, nothing there, nada, thats it....I think there may be a consequence to choosing Tails.....a black void, nothingness, or maybe flames of hell.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
So the real question is this..............when the Head, Jesus, comes back for the body, the congregation, what congregation will he find?

He will find Christians = Those who do the will of God, not those who just say they are Christians, big difference.

Mathew 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
"Workers of lawlessness" sounds like a description of modern SJWs/Democrats/Libertines.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Christianity answers the questions that bridge the heart and mind. It is truth and relevant. The question is not if Jesus died and rose again, but why?

Let's presume for a moment that he didn't exist.

Would the precepts of Christianity remain true
[quote=Jahrs]Then you want to suppose for a moment that history did not turn out the way it did and that there was no Messiah proclaimed in the Old Testament who was never born?

The Jews don't believe Jesus was the Messiah, nor the Muslims, nor the Hindu's not the Buddhists, or the Shinto's.....and in my opinion, the evidence for Mohammed and Buddha are equally suspect. I'll even go so far as to throw in Socrates into that club.

Here's the difference between Socrates and everyone else mentioned above. The question of the truth of the propositions made in his name are not dependent upon weather or not he existed. It doesn't matter if The Republic was dictated by Socratic's himself, or written by a student of Plato the precepts stand and fall on their own.

In contrast, you've just admitted the same cannot be said for Christianity.

You can’t lump all Jews into that category. Wernt they all jews that were praying in the upper room? All of the initial Christians were Jews as well.
And to question the truth of the proposition, as you say, made in Jesus’ name being dependent upon whether or not he existed would mean that the Bible, His Word, would be false.

Christianity answers the questions that bridge the heart and mind. It is truth and relevant. The question is not if Jesus died and rose again, but why?

Let's presume for a moment that he didn't exist.

Would the precepts of Christianity remain true?

And with this question you are admitting that those propositions are true.

I should of been more clear and asked if it would change the truth value of the precepts, or something of that nature. In other words, do the Christian claims regarding what's proper behavior and wisdom survive scrutiny with out the supernatural god claims. Can the Christian precepts stand on their own?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

In the past I have brought up some of the scriptural indescrepencies he mentions, but IIRC, none of the cF Christians were able to dress them.

Of course not.

The best they ever manage was some Ad hominem against Eherman.

The Jesus of Mark, and the Jesus of John, are two completely different characters. They are so different as to be mutually exclusive, and cannot both represent the true nature of the same character.

State your case that they can’t be the same person.

Contradictions yes but errors no. None, never has been an error proven. It’s totally reliable historically, prophetically and what it claims are that have happened.

Contradictions because the accounts come from different perspectives and personalities of the writers. Errors no because all writers were moved by the Holy Spirit when they wrote.

I’m pretty sure that all condradictions have already been addressed by theologians and can be answered in a reasonable manner.

Mark and John don't even agree on the day of the Crucifixion. I posdted a 15 minute video above from a PHD in biblical studies discussing some of the most blatant contradictions. I see you haven't answered any of the specifics, just made the typical dogmatic claims. I suspect you didn't even watch it because it would cause too much cognitive dissidence for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Do you have independent secular verification of any of these so called prophecies from secular sources?

One of the most amusing things about so many fundamentalist Christians is how the use the Bible as verification for the Bible and don't understand the concept of circular reasoning.

IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

origin
meaning
morality
destiny

It is faith, either you believe or do not believe.....it is a fifty fifty chance......the toss of a coin, either Heads or either Tails....Heads= peace, love, happiness forever....Tails= nothing, lights out, thats it, nada....

For me, I do not want to be shocked when I die and then find out there really is something on the other side of the grave...if you were a Tails believer, lights out, nothing, nada....but when you die and see that there really is something and you were a Heads believer, then WOW...

Raspy,

There's a few problems with it. Just because there exists two possibilities, that doesn't mean they are equally weighted. Every time you drive to work, you can either get in an accident, or not get in an accident. If there were equally weighted possibilities it would happen roughly every other day, but I'm sure that's not the case for you.

Yes, Pascal's Wager, ....it is a 50 50 chance that the coin will be either heads or tails...choice....One does not choose to get in an accident, sometimes it happens through no fault of your own...but if you think like Pascal, either there is, or either there is not a God and Heaven, the fifty fifty chance is my choice that there is a God and I'll strive to do all i can in order to go to Heaven.

Over the years i have been going back and forth about if at death, one chooses Tails, lights out, nothing there, nada, thats it....I think there may be a consequence to choosing Tails.....a black void, nothingness, or maybe flames of hell.

I still don't understand how someone can just choose what they believe, like they are choosing which clothes to wear that day. To me, something is believable or it's not, and if its not, there is no longer a choice to be made as to whether or not I'll believe it. I've asked before but haven't received an answer,so I can only assume that some people must have the ability to absolutely believe whatever they want, even if its ridiculously far fetched, while others don't.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity.

A few verses referencing prophet criteria

2 Peter 1: 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [a]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 28:9 As for the prophet who prophesies peace, when the word of that prophet comes to pass, then it will be known that the LORD has truly sent the prophet.”

Yep! Those books sure fit under this.

I find it interesting that Jahrs quotes Second Peter, which is widely considered a later forgery and NOT written by Peter, even among those who biblical scholars who believe Peter existed.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
What about the prophecies that I listed above. How do you explain that. Written many many years beforehand and happened exactly to a T, as predicted.
Convince me of how this could have happened.

The problem I have with most prophecies, like the ones you posted, is they are typically very vague and don't really say anything specific, therefore easily applied to whatever event/person one wants to apply them to.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

origin
meaning
morality
destiny

Raspy,

Within your paradigm, considering how Jesus states most people will go to Hell and suffer forever, a "lights out" outcome might be preferable.

Or, you would choose to act according to the best evidence available. You KNOW you are experiencing this life, and if you're hanging your hopes of heaven on Pascals Wager, you've effectively admitted you have insufficient evidence for real belief.

Why not live this life, the one you know you are experiencing to it's best and fullest?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Within your paradigm, considering how Jesus states most people will go to Hell and suffer forever, a "lights out" outcome might be preferable.

Or, you would choose to act according to the best evidence available. You KNOW you are experiencing this life, and if you're hanging your hopes of heaven on Pascals Wager, you've effectively admitted you have insufficient evidence for real belief.

Why not live this life, the one you know you are experiencing to it's best and fullest?

i would think that all (or the most) any of us can do, and achieve is to live up to our full potential as closely as we can. that is, we were all dealt a hand of cards so to speak. the best we can do is play our hand to the best of our ability. and that kind of assumes there's an in-built or underlying morality of sorts that comes with the human design.

to simplify, one can just allow chance, risk, randomness or god decide the outcome for us, thus freeing us from having to worry about minutiae.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes a crutch for the fortunate weak, Yes I said fortunate. When we are down the chances our hearts and ears will be open to hear gods plan for our lives. Often his plan makes no sense to us at the time. Yet over time many horrible things will make sense. Even the death and resurrection of Christ makes no sense at at the time as no one had an understanding of the possibility of Christ resurrection.

Yet today many of us are equally unprepared to understand the resurrection of christ. This is a gift from our Father that we are allowed to seek forgiveness that we do not deserve, Yet God is a forgiving God.

An Wonderfull opportunity has been offered for you, click on the link when you have time and embrace a Wonderfull journey and opportunity to be prepared to serve, Your choice to open your ears or simply reject what you do not understand. God loves us and is offering an opportunity.

From me to Jahrs, Thank you for sharing.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That's easy. Use a trick illusion to fulfill any prophecy you want. I mentioned identical twins. I watched a pretty blond from a camera in a helicopter in the air. She disappeared from the ground and showed up riding in the helicopter. Cool illusion.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Raspy,

There's a few problems with it. Just because there exists two possibilities, that doesn't mean they are equally weighted. Every time you drive to work, you can either get in an accident, or not get in an accident. If there were equally weighted possibilities it would happen roughly every other day, but I'm sure that's not the case for you.[/quote]

[/quote]

I still don't understand how someone can just choose what they believe, like they are choosing which clothes to wear that day. To me, something is believable or it's not, and if its not, there is no longer a choice to be made as to whether or not I'll believe it. I've asked before but haven't received an answer,so I can only assume that some people must have the ability to absolutely believe whatever they want, even if its ridiculously far fetched, while others don't.[/quote]
Seems you want proof....it is all about faith....simple, either you believe or don't...your choice.

Illegitimi non carborundum

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Man lives by faith which is what he believes to be. This is not a religious phrase. If you string enough words together you can convince yourself others of anything. Everyone has their evidence. It is all faith. If you choose evolution thats fine. Collect all the so called evidence you need to satisfy yourself but it is still faith,what you choose to believe.You can choose to believe we came from spacemen.Thats fine but it is still faith.Man does not live by what he knows.He lives by faith. Chicken Little had his evidence remember a piece of the sky hit him in the head.You think you have truth but it is faith not truth.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

In the past I have brought up some of the scriptural indescrepencies he mentions, but IIRC, none of the cF Christians were able to dress them.

Of course not.

The best they ever manage was some Ad hominem against Eherman.

The Jesus of Mark, and the Jesus of John, are two completely different characters. They are so different as to be mutually exclusive, and cannot both represent the true nature of the same character.

State your case that they can’t be the same person.

Contradictions yes but errors no. None, never has been an error proven. It’s totally reliable historically, prophetically and what it claims are that have happened.

Contradictions because the accounts come from different perspectives and personalities of the writers. Errors no because all writers were moved by the Holy Spirit when they wrote.

I’m pretty sure that all condradictions have already been addressed by theologians and can be answered in a reasonable manner.

Mark and John don't even agree on the day of the Crucifixion. I posdted a 15 minute video above from a PHD in biblical studies discussing some of the most blatant contradictions. I see you haven't answered any of the specifics, just made the typical dogmatic claims. I suspect you didn't even watch it because it would cause too much cognitive dissidence for you.

I did not watch it but I will.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Page 11 of 79 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,363
Posts18,527,223
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.