Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 79 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 78 79
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
The bible is not history,it's fiction. The flood has more holes in it than anything in the bible.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[/quote]Prophecies are predictions credited to intuition or inspiration. Sometimes they even come true.
Has very little to do with explaining how some “miracles” are preformed by illusions. I have seen Shaquille O'Neal float over a house. A really “big” illusion.[quote]

So unless you can establish a clear connection between magic and the prophecy concerning Cyrus that I cited you would honestly need to admit that this is no correlation between magic and Bible prophecy--which you already knew. The point that is established is that no one can make the predictive and fulfilled prophecies on the grand scale as the Bible authors. The fulfillment of prophecy is clearly an example of miraculous prescience that cannot be duplicated by any scientific or statistical model.If God can infuse individuals with miraculous prescience He can also use individuals to perform other miraculous acts.

Again as pointed out in the beginning of this thread--the scientific principles of the uncaused first cause, the anthropic principle, and irreducible complexity all require a miraculous creation outside of the present laws of science. Therefore it is unscientific to reject the possibility of miracles, because science requires a miracle to create the order from which science is derived.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rimfire
The bible is not history,it's fiction. The flood has more holes in it than anything in the bible.

Statements without evidence are merely statements.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

So what I did was establish a clear connection between magic/illusions and how "miracles" might be performed.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
except for the fact that when it's illusory it's not a miracle.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Statements without evidence are merely statements.----------That sums up the whole bible. Thank you

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
except for the fact that when it's illusory it's not a miracle.

No $hit???

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Statements without evidence are merely statements.----------That sums up the whole bible. Thank you

So the Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek, and Roman empires as recorded in the Bible never existed??

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Mark and John don't even agree on the day of the Crucifixion. I posdted a 15 minute video above from a PHD in biblical studies discussing some of the most blatant contradictions. I see you haven't answered any of the specifics, just made the typical dogmatic claims. I suspect you didn't even watch it because it would cause too much cognitive dissidence for you.

The Gospels all agree that Jesus died on a Friday during Passover on the Day of Preparation for the Sabbath (cf. Matthew 27:62, Mark 15:42, Luke 23:54, John 19:42). Once you identify this common thread through all the gospels now you can understand what each one is trying to convey.
Matthew and Mark emphasize that they were eating a Passover meal. They also clarify that the leaders did not intend to apprehend Him on the official temple Passover day, therefore the plan was take him before the official temple Passover. (Matt.26:5; Mk 14:2)
Luke clarifies that Christ intended for this Passover meal to take place as the "eaten in the home Passover" before He was crucified.Luke 22:15
John indicates that this meal eaten in the home took place before the official temple Passover took place. John 13:1; 18:28; 19:14

Where is the contradiction?

Which Passover? The first one or the second one?

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Not saying Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek, and Roman empires never existed. I'm saying the bible is fiction. Just like a novel about the Civil War will have some truth's in it I.E. years and battles are right ,but the story is made up.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not saying Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek, and Roman empires never existed. I'm saying the bible is fiction. Just like a novel about the Civil War will have some truth's in it I.E. years and battles are right ,but the story is made up.

That is your opinion....be cool.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

ok, ok, ok....that is your opinion

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

On what basis can you accurately draw those conclusions when the Persian, Greek, and Roman empires were predicted long before they came into existence? What novel of the Civil War could parallel the Bible in predictive prophecy as it tells its stories?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ok folks....lets end this thread.....

For the believers, keep praying, keep doing good, keep helping your fellow man...just continue to be a nice person....or if you do not want to do anything but be to yourself, thats ok too.

For the non believers, I respect your opinions...I do not hate you...try to be at peace within yourself....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you read old newspapers from the C.W. time you will find articles saying it was foretold in the bible,same with all the wars it seems. Make enough predictions and you can claim one or the other came true. It is easy to make general predictions and have them come true given enough time.

Your bias against facing the facts is showing ... if you had a rudimentary knowledge of Bible prophecy you would know it its a not a game of hit and miss or try until you get lucky. The fulfilled prophecies concerning Bible events are very detailed. For example 69 weeks of years from the order to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah. Born in Bethlehem--family fled to Egypt--ministry in Galilee--virgin birth. Please explain how you easily and accurately could make similar predictions? America couldn't even predict the fall of the USSR in advance and Daniel predicted the rise and fall of world powers before they even became a world power.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Jahrs
[quote=Starman][quote=Thunderstick]... Ascribing it to magic is acknowledging
the evidence of supernatural works being performed by Christ.

Some people form or adopt that belief and some are far more susceptible to doing so than others
...but belief alone is not necessarily truth.

That's easy. Use a trick illusion to fulfill any prophecy you want. I mentioned identical twins. I watched a pretty blond from a camera in a helicopter in the air. She disappeared from the ground and showed up riding in the helicopter. Cool illusion.

Explain how the prophecy concerning Cyrus' destruction of Babylon was a magical illusion.

Prophecies are predictions credited to intuition or inspiration. Sometimes they even come true.
Has very little to do with explaining how some “miracles” are preformed by illusions. I have seen Shaquille O'Neal float over a house. A really “big” illusion.

BS

Moses gave Pharaoh plenty of prophicies which came true and were not illusions. Finally Pharoah relized the God of Moses was The God who couldnt be defeated by Pharaohs magicians and their illusions. They couldnt make the locusts appear to disappear and they couldnt make the wine taste like water.
Pharaoh got a clue and let Moses and Gods people go. He failed to learn his lesson well and sent his army straight to hell.
Some here would benefit from learning this lesson on the accuracy of Biblical prophecy well.

If not, the prophecy of dying and going to hell will be experienced by you as well.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Id buy a standard roof then take your leftover cash and buy amFieldcraft or Montana.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"If not, the prophecy of dying and going to hell will be experienced by you as well."

Prove it without quoting anything in the Bible.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

You can say anything you want, at least for a little while longer in the US, but that does not make it true. And from the experiences many Christian have with their faith, millions would say you are are wrong, as I do.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 16 of 79 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, B52RadarNav, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,485
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.