Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
W4B,

It seems you are triggered every time.

Get a grip.
fixt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you don't have pictures of how the 2nd amendment guys dress? If they're not in coveralls, how can you trust em?

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
God bless the USA

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Curious the characterizations of "hard-right" and "right-wing" mentioned given the increasingly aggressive stance of Democrats against the 2nd amendment and the NRA over the same period.

Good observation. Sort of raised the credibility issue with me. Still the NRA is toast and so are we.

I do believe it was an attempt to show that the organization has somewhat morphed from a single issue, 2A civil right, proponent to one now seen by many in the US as a "hard-right" or "right-wing" organization.

The author mentioned the broad spectrum of members, for example labor AND management, and those folks don't generally agree on many topics, but the strength of NRA in an earlier time was just that, a broad spectrum.

A personal example, I joined NRA before I even owned a firearm, for the precise reason that I saw a need to protect the 2A from the forces against it. And at that time in life, many many years ago, I still had many "left" leaning views on certain issues. I joined NRA at that time BECAUSE it was a single issue organization, and wasn't into other political pies.

If the NRA can get back to its roots, perhaps it might even get stronger and be able to push some "far-left" leaning politicians a bit more to the center when they realize the membership of NRA includes some of their constituents.

The organization seems to be F'd, with a capital F right now. I do hope Mr Colton is correct in what he wrote to the members of that forum, and that the truth becomes known in the next few months. 2020 elections are not that far off and if the NRA is still dealing with this mess, it's likely they won't be as effective in promoting pro 2A candidates.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the NRA can get back to its roots

The NRA was founded in 1871 after the Civil War by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church (pictured above) and General George Wood Wingate of the Union Army, who were both dismayed at the horrible accuracy of Union soldiers during the Civil War. The original purpose of the organization was for rifle marksmanship training. However despite this, the NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.

MOLON LABE

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
What 700 or so lawsuits, with most won, against gun grabbers looks like.

https://www.saf.org/category/news/

Jag,

I support the NRA, GOA, and SAF, as well as the Texas State Rifle Association which lobbies the Texas Legislature. They all are doing what they can, but winning in state legislatures and Congress is far more effective for protecting the rights of the majority of citizens.

Lawsuits have value, but are using a bucket to bail against a tide.

Again, look at the big picture of what has happened in California and so many other states as proof. Most of those laws faced legal challenges that failed and the SCOTUS has declined to review suits that could have changes the landscape in those states and effectively changed wiped out the unconstitutional laws of other states.

We cannot afford to lose the biggest lobbying organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
look at the big picture of what has happened in California

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ancient and outdated, common sense, make improvements, and legislation

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear
If the NRA can get back to its roots

The NRA was founded in 1871 after the Civil War by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church (pictured above) and General George Wood Wingate of the Union Army, who were both dismayed at the horrible accuracy of Union soldiers during the Civil War. The original purpose of the organization was for rifle marksmanship training. However despite this, the NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.

yep

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Them yankees couldn't hit a bull in the azz with a scoop shovel, and McClellan knew it. Probably all city boys.

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Way to go; look what you did to this thread frown

We was having a diskusion.

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
maga ,kag, jesus, winning, chess, melanias tits

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Merica!

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Charles Cotton is a moderator on the Texas CHL Forum.

Here is his take on things:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks
Report this post Quote #1 Unread post Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 pm
I am an attorney and the 1st VP of the NRA. Virtually every article published about the NRA is a lie or intentionally misleading half-truths. I cannot talk about them in detail without waiving privileges or hurting our strategy to prove what is actually going on. Lawsuits are never filed without very good reasons. We are fighting for the NRA's very existence. This requires taking legal action when necessary. Calling for people to stop supporting the NRA to cut off funding for lawsuits is something that would put smiles on the faces of the Bloomberg gang.

We will save the NRA and the full story, the whole truth, will come out making a lot of people look like the fools they truly are. The fact that some people will accept as truth false allegations from long-term anti-gun, anti-NRA people and organizations is mind-boggling. Their primary goal is to take the NRA out of the 2020 elections. Their second goal is to destroy the NRA so they can flood Congress with anti-gun legislation that will pass.

I wish I could say more, but at this point, I cannot. As I noted before, I am working on a podcast that will tell much of what is going on, but I simply cannot disclose everything until the lawsuits are over and we are finished with the NY AG investigation.

The Forum will not be used to weaken the NRA by promoting lies and urging members to no longer support it. If you must post such tripe, do it elsewhere. I and others are working hard to get the NRA through this attack and I simply will not tolerate people spewing crap when they don't know what's really happening. American gun owners, especially the 5+ million NRA members, deserve better. As with pretty much everything in life, hard times will separate true friends from pretenders.

Chas.

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=96264&p=1253738#p1253738

The fact that some people will accept as truth false allegations from long-term anti-gun, anti-NRA people and organizations is mind-boggling.

i wouldn't call jeff knox anti-gun, anti-NRA

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump's son, Don, Jr. is or was a member of this forum and used to post regularly even after the election.

i'd sure like to chat with him. He has real nice hair and dresses nice too.

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
i have been a member of the NRA longer than i can remember, and a life member the same way.
At least 40 or 50 years.
I am not against the NRA or what it represents, it's one of the few national voices many of us have.
But I was in Neil Knox's camp in the 70's, wondering about top management with harlan carter at the time.
Wayne could settle this real quick with a independent audit of the finances.
Last week i got a solicitation from them wanting to basically be a beneficiary in my will, or to set up an endowment with them.
At the same time i read of those trips to europe, outlandish salaries, pension plans etc.
It is not Mr Wayne's private slush fund.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am not against the NRA

Your just trying to make the world a better place

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
here is another link from the local blog to Jeff Knox. I have known Jeff since he was a kid, his father Neal Knox being a personal friend for many years. And I remember him in the 70's, leading a revolt, mentioned in the following article.
Something is really smelly:
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nr...ro-gun-group-cleans-house/#axzz5lyOA3oVd

Appreciate that link. Worthwhile read.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
W4 Bear those were overalls not coveralls. And I trust people in overalls more than men in thousand dollar suits somebody else paid for. I sent my money to the NRA to fight for my rights not to use it trying to raise more money out of me and buying fancy clothes. Dude can buy his own clothes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude can buy his own clothes.

Reckon one pair of overalls would be sufficient for 1500 plus fundraisers a year? Wouldn't they get a racing stripe with that much use? grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
W4B,

It seems you are triggered every time the NRA is mentioned.

They have problems. Whatever those problems may be are not being helped by posting retarded, irrelevant crap that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but you.

Perhaps if you could quit drooling long enough, you may gather enough wits to actually do something productive and help.

Derailing ANY discussion that comes up here about the obvious problems the NRA has, isn't helping them.

Get a grip.

This is what we are dealing with,,,,
Insanity, IE mental illness

In·san·i·ty
/inˈsanədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
"he suffered from bouts of insanity"
synonyms: mental illness, mental disorder, mental derangement, madness, insaneness, dementia, dementedness, lunacy, instability, unsoundness of mind, loss of reason; More
extreme foolishness or irrationality. folly, foolishness, foolhardiness, idiocy, stupidity, imbecility, asininity, lunacy, madness, silliness, senselessness, brainlessness, thoughtlessness, irrationality, illogicality, absurdity, ludicrousness, ridiculousness;

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.