Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's been a few years ago(at least 8), but I had some Cabelas Meindl Perfekt hikers that held up really well.

I was wondering what the new Meindl stuff is like as far as durability and being able to keep your feet mostly dry? I'd heard the Cabela's Meindl stuff ain't the same anymore and not in a good way so I was looking at the German made Meindl boot that is all leather.

Thoughts on the Meindl?

Thanks.

GB1

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How about the Hoffman Explorer?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
lonny check out zamberlan hunting boots

Ed

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My Cabelas Meindl Denalis are 3 or 4 years old now and seem to be as good as the ones I bought around 10 years ago.

I heard a rumor they stopped carrying Meindl after the bass pro buyout.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Two pairs of Cabela’s Meindl boots, Perfekt Hikers and Ultralight Hunters. Love them both.

Last I looked it appeared as though Cabelas was phasing Meindls out and they were only available in limited sizes, went with Irish Setter Elk Trackers.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep,
I posted on this very thing a while back.
The perfekt hikers were the most comfortable , most durable boot I have ever worn.
I work outside on my feet every day.
It sucks , but the Walmart system is killing me!
It suited me fine when BPS was a fishing store , and Cabela’s was a hunting store.
“Just stay in your lane dude “

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm sure the Meindl is an excellent boot that will likely outlast many others, but I tried one about ten years ago; incredibly stiff boot that would have required significant break-in. So stiff, in fact, I couldn't tell for sure that it was the right size/ fit. I passed on them for that reason.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Check out Lowa boots as an alternate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think these boot would work well. I'm also looking for some new boots.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
These might be pretty close to what Cabela's Meindl version was when they carried better quality gear.

https://meindlusa.com/collections/meindl-footwear. The "comfort fit hiker" looks to be about as close as it gets.

I'm going to check several brands of boots and I appreciate the suggestions.

Last edited by Lonny; 07/05/19.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have owned two pairs of Meindl boots. One pair I bought in Germany a long time ago and pair sold under the Cabela's brand. The Cabela's pair is about 3 years old.

In my experience, Meindl are a tad overpriced. You pay for the name and get a boot that doesn't justify the higher cost. I like them; they function fine, but I can't say that they are a good value.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my Perfekt Hikers and am sorry to see Cabela's discontinue them. That said, I take good care of them and hope they'll hold together for several more years.

Murphy was a grunt.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've had a pair of Perfekt Hikers for several years and really like them. A friend who hunts in WV has the Perfekt Extremes and really likes them, they were bought before the buyout. I was hoping to get a pair of those myself, might have to look elsewhere now.

Last edited by AlleghenyMountain; 07/06/19.
Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Meindlusa looks like they carry a form of what was once the Perfekt Hiker. The Comfort Hiker looks pretty close anyway.

https://meindlusa.com/collections/meindl-footwear

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Glad I found this thread, just ordered the comfort hiker light. Was thinking about getting another pair because they're my favorite everyday boots and they're getting old, checked cabelas and of course...nada. Same boot as they used to call the perfeckt hiker light.
Also have the "Denali" uninsulated I wear for early grouse and small game and may need to get a spare of them (whatever the equivalent is) from meidl while I can before they go and change the design at some point.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Very sad to see the perfect hiker and hunter go. Bought a pair of Denali’s, seemed like a good sheep boot but too stiff for what I do nowadays...much stiffer than the perfect series. Not happy with what BPS has done since the merger, pretty much lost a customer.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am four for four with Meindl boots soles deteriorating in equatorial regions.

Best boots on my feet. Need to get them with a different sole.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would link you to my posts from a few years ago, but the search function here eludes me. In short, they are viable boots if you are willing to glue the soles back on daily. Too much experience here. But boy, are they comfy.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I am going to try some Zamberlan boots. These will be my first ever "premium" boot I've had. Before this Danner pronghorns and Irish Setter Trakker series have been my go-to. It is really sad to see what is happening with Cabela's since the buy-out. And Meindl seems to be having a few woes themselves...I hope there are still decent products available when my kids get to be my age.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Lonny
Meindlusa looks like they carry a form of what was once the Perfekt Hiker. The Comfort Hiker looks pretty close anyway.

https://meindlusa.com/collections/meindl-footwear

Thanks for the link, going to order a pair of hikers. I found it ironic that Meindl USA is based out of Sidney NE. Looks like some former employees knew what a good product looks like, good for them!

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.