Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's not out of danger of the Navy completely fuggin him up. He was convicted of one charge (felony) of taking a picture with a dead guy. They Navy can Administratively Separate him and he'd lose his pension and healthcare (unless Trump pardons him), but they can even get around that by taking him to Captain's Mast (non0judicial punishment), give him a Punitive Letter of Reprimand, and go the admin discharge route. Trust me, they can be VERY vindictive...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, Great news....He deserves a medal...or at least an apology !!!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good deal.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Trump must pardon him if the Navy tries to screw him further. The people who persecuted him should be investigated.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by scoony
So for all the service members that choose the hard right over the easy wrong????? Guess it doesn't matter anymore. It is not about tying their hands, its not about judging them from AC offices, it's about expecting a certain level of professionalism. There should be a distinction between a soldier and a murderer. IMO he crossed that line. But yeah, it was a major CF.

You have no idea what occurred.

Not a soldier. A sailor ,frogman ,Navy Seal. You know jack [bleep].

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After a "ride" like that I'd be out ASAP. I would not give those bastards the chance to frame me on something else.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Jorge,

They can't take him to Captain's Mast as that is something they could have done before they preferred the Court-Martial charges against him for murder and posing with the dead body. Captains Mast is a way to have matters cleared up non-judicially, meaning no court-martial. His chain of command could have pursued that, but given the gravity of the alleged offenses Captains Mast was no likely. Now that he has been convicted of posing with the dead body, the Navy could initiate an administrative separation against him, but he would be entitled to a separation board and counsel of his choosing. We will have to see what happens next.

Dan

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Jorge,

They can't take him to Captain's Mast as that is something they could have done before they preferred the Court-Martial charges against him for murder and posing with the dead body. Captains Mast is a way to have matters cleared up non-judicially, meaning no court-martial. His chain of command could have pursued that, but given the gravity of the alleged offenses Captains Mast was no likely. Now that he has been convicted of posing with the dead body, the Navy could initiate an administrative separation against him, but he would be entitled to a separation board and counsel of his choosing. We will have to see what happens next.

Dan

I spent thirty years in, so I am very familiar. They cannot take him to mast of the stuff he was charged and convicted of (on shore duty you can refuse mast but on sea duty orders you can't). The fact he has a federal conviction, they can admin sep him just on that. NJP is still an option for just about anything, but again, being he is on shore duty, he CAN refuse iNJP on shore duty. Lots of dirt bags on shore duty do this in the hopes the navy won't want to spend the money and time of a CM for trivial charges like UA, etc., but I guarantee you, they can take him to NJP. Why? because when they arrested him, they could say he was UA (un authorized absence) even for just a few hours. Believe me, if I wanted to take you to mast, I could

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some of his accusers should probably watch their six - - - - - -for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to come. Karma's a beeyotch!
Jerry

Yeah, it'd be nice to read of their mysterious, untimely demise.

. Seven members of Gallagher's own platoon leveled the accusations against him, describing their chief as a reckless murderer

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some of his accusers should probably watch their six - - - - - -for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to come. Karma's a beeyotch!
Jerry

Ya, that's the part that gives me pause, to celebrate this means I would have to know for a fact those other guys who worked hard to get themselves into that elite, high risk level of service are all a bunch of vindictive liars.

So not knowing all the facts I have no opinion, one way or another.

I am sure the guy has been a tremendous warrior on the very razor edge, but I do believe it seems pretty obvious that Chief Gallagher tanked his career prospects when he posed with that dead body.

Even without that felony conviction the notoriety would follow him everywhere and make him a political liability on the battlefield. Where could the Navy put him anywhere other than behind a desk now?

IMHO.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sometimes the good guys win.

Even with a liberal laced military justice system stacked against them.

This is President Trump’s military now, why hasn’t the stench of Obama’s military been removed?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He will be "asked" to retire or they will Admin Board his ass and risk losing his pension.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Maximum sentence. Reduced rank 1 step. Etc...

Blade is a great handle! LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still say he nothing wrong.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He looked like a sawed off little tough guy with a severe case of little dick syndrome.

I don't know what happened and don't give a schit either way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

This is President Trump’s military now, why hasn’t the stench of Obama’s military been removed?

Good question, Steve. I would have thought most of those clowns would have been run out on the rails by now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

Trump's only been in office for two and half years, for Pete's Sake. Most enlistments are longer than that, and they aren't gonna go away, those parasites. They're waiting it out for retirement, just like everyone else.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He will be "asked" to retire or they will Admin Board his ass and risk losing his pension.

If they do “ask” him to retire I would think that he’d accept that rather than continue to fight. He’s had a long career that likely took a big toll on his body and mind and retirement seems like the best way out for him if that is in fact an option. I don’t think too many people would want to continue serving if they were treated as crappy as he’s been treated. Nobody wants to work for an unappreciative ass hole and the Navy is that ass hole.

He’ll be just fine if he retires, there’s a lot of veteran owned and run companies that would be happy to have a real warrior on their payroll and his experience and skills would not go unnoticed or unappreciated. He should put the navy in his rear view and get on with his life.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've never been in any branch of the Military. IMO, there are things that happen that should never see the light of "civilian day". Clandestine operations/operators probably ought to be tried specifically only by their peers.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a good friend (NCIS agent) who is very close to this story. Gallagher had become an out-of-control operator that was doing stuff that even his fellow SEALS thought was wrong and exceeding the levels of humanity. Thus, they ratted on him as it was the only way to get him stopped and prevent ALL of them from ending up on the wrong side of Heaven.

Something was uncovered during the investigation of the medics' past that could have caused them some grief and they were given immunity from prosecution to testify against Gallagher. What they didn't expect was for the medic to claim he killed the haji. As a result, it ended up being a win-win - they were able to "save" a fellow SEAL and not be sent to the brig themselves for some bullshit they dug up in the medics' past.

Truth is, Gallagher had gone rogue

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/03/19.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 163bc, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 40 invisible), 1,677 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,454
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.