Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gunzo
I just looked at a local dealer that had Chevy's like I like advertised at 20% off all year. Same trucks today were marked down 26%.

20% off is about standard, shop around.

I'm a former CPA, run a decent sized business, and buy more trucks in one year than most in a lifetime. We even "mystery shop". I have a clue. Go in and try to buy one. There is a lot of false advertising on the dealer end. Don't believe what you see. Go in and try to buy it and you'll see. The best bet is to look at the manufacturer website for rebates. You aren't ever going to buy a truck for much less than dealer cost unless there's rebates, plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How you like it so far?

Barry, I’m really pleased so far. Just don’t put the miles on like I used to. Mileage is impressive. Haven’t used a pencil but the computer says a little over 20 in town. On cruise leveled out at a little over 70 it reads around 30.
My last Tahoe got 13 in town. So that’s an improvement. The 10 speed trans also makes the little diesel pretty quick. Hasbeen

That's excellent mileage!

My brother bought one like yours, and he says it's got plenty of zip! I've not asked him about mileage in awhile. When it was new he said about 20.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't stand the new look of Chevys and my family bleeds Chevy Orange from way back.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only way I could see me buying a Chevy is from 1972 back the other way. Especially a 72 Nova and a 67 short step side. Congrats on you being happy with your purchase. On that note you only need to make you happy and not worry about our opinions.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I just looked at a local dealer that had Chevy's like I like advertised at 20% off all year. Same trucks today were marked down 26%.

I'm a former CPA, run a decent sized business, and buy more trucks in one year than most in a lifetime. We even "mystery shop". I have a clue. Go in and try to buy one. There is a lot of false advertising on the dealer end. Don't believe what you see. Go in and try to buy it and you'll see. The best bet is to look at the manufacturer website for rebates. You aren't ever going to buy a truck for much less than dealer cost unless there's rebates, plain and simple.

You have a fleet number you are dealing with when shopping?

FWIW, large volume dealers can indeed sell way back of invoice, because with each step up the ladder with sales volume, the manufacturer adds more to their back end incentives... progressively.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Never a good time to buy a Chevy.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Yeah, right. Lol. Ugliest truck I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by FatCity67
Can't stand the new look of Chevys and my family bleeds Chevy Orange from way back.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

[Linked Image]

Oh well, that’s persuasive. Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta love how people put their self worth into their possessions.

Everybody that drives a Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Toyota, Nissan is a moron.
And yet, do any of you fanboys want to defend your favorites line for the last 15
years.

Let's talk;
terrible diesels,
Rusted frames,
Fires,
Dangerous steering components...

But, we like to forget those issues, close to home anyway.

Shopping an older used transportation device now.
Look, review, look at the reported problems.
I'm finding models from everyone that are best avoided.
Right now, an earlier Toyota Highlander is looking good.
160k on the odometer. Wish I believed it would go 300k
as firmly as the fanboys.

I've owned one vehicle that was a real pain in the a$$.
Tranny rebuilt because of the linkage design, heads needed redone,
both before 100k. And I really liked the dang thing.
American, and one that has the most obnoxious fans.
I hesitate to buy one again, but, a different model probably won't

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

Yes we have a fleet number, but its not unusual for the manufacturer rebates to be more than the fleet rebates, especially on half tons.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Being a Moron isn't the worst thing a guy could be. I have a Dodge and love it. I just get tired of driving it with a paper bag over my head though...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

FWIW, large volume dealers can indeed sell way back of invoice, because with each step up the ladder with sales volume, the manufacturer adds more to their back end incentives... progressively.

Agree .
Back twenty years ago a friend & his Dad both wanted new Suburbans , - shop in biloxi - you're getting screwed - small dealership small town . They flew to Houston bought two new Suburbans loaded- out saved over 18K compared to Dees chevrolet in biloxi . Volume dealers are the way to go , they could have saved more money in Dallas but didn't want to travel any further .
Chevrolet has the best looking trucks and cars IMO had quite a few of both over the years . Drive a Ford f-150 now - never cared for a chrysler product of any flavor .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't forgotten the 15 billion the US taxpayers were on the hook for over the GM bailout. I still have an 11 year old Suburban that will be the final GM vehicle that ever resides in my driveway.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
There are better deals to be had at large volume dealers, but we're talking $1000, not "big" money. Dealing with a large volume non local dealer to save a few dollars is very very very short sighted. Where will you get warranty and service work performed? What happens if everybody follows this lead? I know you will go to the back of the line EVERY time you take your high volume dealer truck to your local dealership.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bugs4
I haven't forgotten the 15 billion the US taxpayers were on the hook for over the GM bailout.

I'm with you on that, and agree its a tough pill to swallow.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This? Looks stupid to me. Where the hell is the rest of the bed? Whatever. LOL

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Being a Moron isn't the worst thing a guy could be. I have a Dodge and love it. I just get tired of driving it with a paper bag over my head though...

tired tired tired

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Just trying to help. And for wtf ever its worth, I have swing a deal or 20 over the years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a GM fan but always thought the styling has always been great. This new body style is terrible. From many angles it looks like a tundra. It’s a bad fart styling wise

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[Linked Image]

I just bought a 2018 last year in December, $16.5K off of sticker. Been very satisfied so far. Computer says averaging 21.8 mpg with the 5.3 engine. Haven't put a pencil to it though, but don't doubt it. That side shot of the 2019 looks alot like the full size Toyota truck to me. Not a bad looking truck either one.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,518
Posts18,490,962
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.