T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49

Originally Posted by rimfire
24 pages and not a single fact to prove there is a "god". Only the bible said this and that. It seems that once you are brainwashed into believing there is a god what you believe and fictional books become facts. Can't believers just say I believe in god but have no proof ? Will this stimulate 24 more pages of no facts?

Heck,

I'm not even asking for proof, just some good evidence. They can't even produce that.

Nah, the evidence for a Creator is right in front of you but you choose not to acknowledge it.

Which is crazier..... “God created the world”. Or the “The world came into existence from ‘nothing’.....’nothing created everything we see”

And don’t start that Magic Larry business again. Even a comic like a Stephen Colbert showed ML started with something. Larry just gave his book a misleading title.

With all due respect, the various forms of the Cosmological Arguments are nothing more than arguments from ignorance. Even if we accepted all the premises of the argument, which I don't, you are still left holding an empty sack, because there's no logical way to move from "there must be a creator", to "that creator is (your preferred version of your preferred god)".

Didn’t say anything about moving from a “creator” to “that creator.” Nice switch there but the choice still stands.... “the Creator made everything” or “Nothing created everything.”

What say you?

You look into your sack and find a note...It says “nothing created everything.” Well, you can’t accept that so here comes your bafflegab.

I had a curious conversation a number of years ago with a young man about the origin of the universe. He was anxious to participate and suddenly interjected with an air of knowledge and authority that “aliens created everything.” Hmm.... he just didn’t have a grasp of the issue.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Ain't no atheists in a foxhole.........

September 11 2001 >>

mUslim highjackers prayed to Allah to hit the Towers, but fact remains they needed to be trained
and then fly the jets to achieve their aim.

United flight 93, while some passengers panicked and prayed, others took real world effective action
and wrestled control of the aircraft away from highjackers before they could fly it into Washington DC.

do christians believe with enough 'prayer power' God will fly the B757 remotely like a drone?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God says this god says that are you kidding. CANT YOU COME UP WITH A FACT and not a belief? I believe there is other life in the Universe, but have no facts to back it up. Therefore I will not claim it to be a fact. god believers are incapable of logical thought in regards to religion. To much fear instilled in them that they will go to hell. Fear is one of the main tools of a good brainwashing. Did you get you brainwashing when you were young, or during a time in your life when you were down and out? While this may sound offensive I don't mean it to be. Don't worry about offending me I have a thick skin and enjoy the banter, hope you do to. If you are a liberal commie. demacrap then we would have problems. MAGA

You didn't tell us where DNA comes from. Do you have facts to lean on for this information?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
TF49 The fact that there is a Universe, does more to discredit the god myth than support it. You won't understand it if you use emotion to figure it out. Sorry

Don’t think so....care to explain your statement?

Larry Krauss wrote book titled something like Universe from Nothing. It was widely heralded by atheists from all over as he purported to be able to show how the entire creation of the universe could be mathematically explained.... said he could show that everything really could come from nothing.” It was not true at all... he didn’t start with “nothing”.... but the title sold books and many who have not read the book didn’t see it for the baloney it was.

You may want to search for “Stephen Colbert Destroys Lawrence Krauss.” I think YouTube deleted it but it was still on Vimeo not too long ago.

Good news for you.... the only emotion involved is humor.... well a bit of laughter added in. You’ll understand it.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Where do you get the idea God has no jealousy? God tells us "My name is Jealous because I am a jealous God." (Exodus 34) You are anthropomorphizing God. You, and most including Christians, are missing the concept that God is Infinite. He fills the universe. Even the "space" between electrons and proton. That means when He loves He loves infinitely. Consider He set a rule that death is the punishment for sin and man's death cannot atone for his own sin. That's His rule and we can't do a thing to change it. So He sent His only Begotten Son to die for that punishment as a propitiation for all who will accept His Gift of His Son. When He hates He hates infinitely. Consider the Flood of Noah's time. Beautiful virgins, cute kittens, cuddly puppies, mean old men and caring mothers, lions, tigers, bears and yes even dinosaurs were all treated the same. We find their fossils in water born sediments all over the world.

There were dinosaurs on the Earth 4000 years ago? Why did the aquatic dinosaurs not survive the flood as the fishes did?

You would have to ask someone who can tell you why 90% of all creatures, both animal and plants are extinct. Extinction does not discriminate. What happen to megalodon? The same thing that happen to the dodo bird.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TF49 The fact that there is a Universe, does more to discredit the god myth than support it. You won't understand it if you use emotion to figure it out. Sorry

You believe something from nothing is more believable than accepting the idea of an Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God?

Your blind faith is very strong. Do you understand the basic premise of cause and effect?

Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Which is crazier..... “God created the world”. Or the “The world came into existence from ‘nothing’.....’nothing created everything we see”

What is crazier is believing that a ghost created everything we see from nothing. Who or what created that ghost?

Last edited by victoro; 07/04/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you get you brainwashing when you were young, or during a time in your life when you were down and out?

Some folks didn't consider themselves down and out until a preacher threatened them with fire and brimstone
and convinced them they were doomed.

its like walking into a doctors practice just fine , then they sell the person a set of crutches cause they managed
to convince them they can no longer cope without them.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
What does DNA have to do with wanting to know even one fact that god exists? (Nothing is the answer) The old avoid the question ploy. Whats next the old I know you are but what am I children use.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It seems the believers are incapable of providing proof of a god. They can't grasp the concept of proof, it would destroy all they believed in.

Heck,

Thunderstick won't even answer the simple question, is he a Young Earth Creationist or not?

Hmm, not answering a question is not unheard of around here. Let me see if I recall it correctly...You challenged me to answer what would happen if you were right about “nothing after death.” As I recall you were going to respond about what would be your fate if Christianity was right and you died without knowing the Lord.

As I recall, I responded quite clearly and you then went silent. You, antelope sniper, wouldn’t even answer the simple question.

Remember ...”C’mon Man?”

Last edited by TF49; 07/04/19. Reason: Typo

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

24 pages and not a single fact to prove there is a "god". Only the bible said this and that. It seems that once you are brainwashed into believing there is a god what you believe and fictional books become facts. Can't believers just say I believe in god but have no proof ? Will this stimulate 24 more pages of no facts?

Heck,

I'm not even asking for proof, just some good evidence. They can't even produce that.

Nah, the evidence for a Creator is right in front of you but you choose not to acknowledge it.

Which is crazier..... “God created the world”. Or the “The world came into existence from ‘nothing’.....’nothing created everything we see”

And don’t start that Magic Larry business again. Even a comic like a Stephen Colbert showed ML started with something. Larry just gave his book a misleading title.

He never prayed for the scales to fall from his eyes.

17From the rest he makes a god, his graven image. He bows down to it and worships; he prays to it and says, “Save me, for you are my god.” 18They cannot comprehend or understand, for He has shut their eyes so they cannot see, and closed their minds so they cannot understand.

His god is, "There is no God" and that god he worships mightily.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
"Which is crazier..... “God created the world”. Or the “The world came into existence from ‘nothing’.....’nothing created everything we see”

What is crazier is believing that a ghost created everything we see from nothing. Who or what created that ghost?

No one on this thread mentioned a "ghost". If you are using the term "ghost" to disparage God you are failing miserably. God is Infinite. Therefore He has no beginning or ending. Nothing can be greater than Infinite. Your question is akin to asking, "To whom is the bachelor married?" It conveys no information.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Where do you get the idea God has no jealousy? God tells us "My name is Jealous because I am a jealous God." (Exodus 34) You are anthropomorphizing God. You, and most including Christians, are missing the concept that God is Infinite. He fills the universe. Even the "space" between electrons and proton. That means when He loves He loves infinitely. Consider He set a rule that death is the punishment for sin and man's death cannot atone for his own sin. That's His rule and we can't do a thing to change it. So He sent His only Begotten Son to die for that punishment as a propitiation for all who will accept His Gift of His Son. When He hates He hates infinitely. Consider the Flood of Noah's time. Beautiful virgins, cute kittens, cuddly puppies, mean old men and caring mothers, lions, tigers, bears and yes even dinosaurs were all treated the same. We find their fossils in water born sediments all over the world.

There were dinosaurs on the Earth 4000 years ago? Why did the aquatic dinosaurs not survive the flood as the fishes did?

They couldnt dive deep enough for sea weed and they floated over areas mesquite and pine and with no seaweed to eat. Duh. wink

I say...let them eat fish and the hell with it...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Heck,

With all due respect, the various forms of the Cosmological Arguments are nothing more than arguments from ignorance. Even if we accepted all the premises of the argument, which I don't, you are still left holding an empty sack, because there's no logical way to move from "there must be a creator", to "that creator is (your preferred version of your preferred god)".

Didn’t say anything about moving from a “creator” to “that creator.” Nice switch there but the choice still stands.... “the Creator made everything” or “Nothing created everything.”

What say you?

You look into your sack and find a note...It says “nothing created everything.” Well, you can’t accept that so here comes your bafflegab.

I had a curious conversation a number of years ago with a young man about the origin of the universe. He was anxious to participate and suddenly interjected with an air of knowledge and authority that “aliens created everything.” Hmm.... he just didn’t have a grasp of the issue.

So you believe in a non-specific creator god, not the God of Christianity?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It seems the believers are incapable of providing proof of a god. They can't grasp the concept of proof, it would destroy all they believed in.

Heck,

Thunderstick won't even answer the simple question, is he a Young Earth Creationist or not?

Hmm, not answering a question is not unheard of around here. Let me see if I recall it correctly...You challenged me to answer what would happen if you were right about “nothing after death.” As I recall you were going to respond about what would be your fate if Christianity was right and you died without knowing the Lord.

As I recall, I responded quite clearly and you then went silent. You, antelope sniper, wouldn’t even answer the simple question.

Remember ...”C’mon Man?”

I've answered that more than once.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by victoro

Yea,

What's crazier, admitting you don't know, or claiming "a ghost did it".

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Ain't no atheists in a foxhole.........

Is that true? Or is it just catchy phrase?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You would have to ask someone who can tell you why 90% of all creatures, both animal and plants are extinct.
Extinction does not discriminate.
What happen to megalodon? The same thing that happen to the dodo bird.

if Noah loaded unicorns onto the Ark, what happened to them after release?..

was it loss of habitat or were they hunted to extinction like the Dodo and Tas Tiger..?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You would have to ask someone who can tell you why 90% of all creatures, both animal and plants are extinct. Extinction does not discriminate. What happen to megalodon? The same thing that happen to the dodo bird.

There is something just basically wrong with you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those not on the short list to get into heaven, take heart that God is still with you in hell.

Psa 139:7-12 KJV -

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Page 26 of 79 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 32 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,328
Posts18,526,547
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.