Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JSTUART;
Top of the morning to you sir, and I see it's early tomorrow morning for you too - I trust all is going acceptably for you and this finds you well.

If I'm being honest - and truly I might as well be - I don't believe Canada would be ready for the likes of a Donald Trump at this point - not yet. Added to that, I also believe that that person would become quite frustrated with Canada in short order too.

We are if anything, even more fractured, segmented, regionalized or whatever nomenclature one chooses to call a country which is geographically huge and relatively sparsely populated, than I perceive our southern neighbors to be. While I may be wrong about that, there's plenty of evidence to support my thesis.

The current political structure for instance gives the Atlantic Provinces more political clout in terms of elected representatives than BC and Alberta - and our combined GDP far exceeds that of the Atlantic Provinces and I'd say likely Quebec as well.

When we throw Quebec into the fray - roughly 25% of the population - but much, much more political power than that - well the water gets ever murkier.

None of this is to say we don't need leaders who envision less central government and more individual responsibility and freedom - far from it! But all factors taken into account I don't believe we're quite ready to make the best use of some folks talents and abilities.

Along with many, many other Canadians who are working towards a better future, I'm hopeful I'll see those changes in my lifetime that would enable that to happen.

Anyway sir, just a thought from the middle of the most western part of Canada and nothing more.

All the best to you folks down there.

Dwayne

Fair point Dwayne...I think the answer here is for Australia to annex the US, Canada, New Zealand and turn it in to a new place called...oh I don't know...maybe..."not left land".

We could round up all the lefties and send them to France and Britain so that they could reside amongst their most cherished ideals and political beliefs.

Those of us left could fish, hunt, eat real food whenever we want (bacon/steak), and drive diesel vehicles to and from work...that is right, "not left landers" would actually work and benefit from their toil. We could also re-institute corporal and capital punishment in case some of the lefties manage to sneak in and commit crimes like paedophilia, rape, theft, breathing.

You know...I think this idea has legs!

I'll go along with your plan under one condition....you send over diesel Toyota pickups to the USA, otherwise forget it! End of line for you!

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SBTCO

I'll go along with your plan under one condition....you send over diesel Toyota pickups to the USA, otherwise forget it! End of line for you!

I am good with your lot doing the annexation so long as you dump the lefties prior, because London to a brick they will stuff the whole thing up.

You know, maybe we should also include the Japs...in fact having seen how Kamo eats I definitely think we should!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Canada is lost. The USA is lost when we elect the next democrat president or elect congress with a majority of democrats house and senate.

Yes, thanks to Trudeau, he has embraced the globalists and the UN, he really should be swinging from a rope for giving up our sovereignty to an entity that nobody here elected. Trouble is the Conservatives aren't any better as they are lefties too FFS.
Trudeau is a globalist and destroying any idea of Nationalism by raising the level of mistrust to any level I have ever seen, by far.

No wonder why they want our guns as they know whats coming when they allow millions of Muslims to come here and flourish. We need a right wing political party here to take it back from these globalists, and yes, Trump is very much appreciated by many here in Canada as they are now seeing what the globalists have in store for us.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I recently traveled in Canada for three weeks. It was mostly in the western part of the country and I will say it is absolutely beautiful.

While traveling I avoided politics and only responded if the subject was brought up to me. When asked about my views I played the neutral card in hopes to hear others opinions. The majority of the people that asked me about US politics were first generation immigrants to Canada. Small business owners, hotel workers, gas station owners, etc.

I would say that a bit over 50% of the people had a somewhat positive view of Trump. Those that didn't like him were unhappy with the tariffs and foreign policies but suggested that it was in America's best interest. When I asked the haters what they would like him to do to make thinks better, they overwhelmingly said "Trade him with Tredeau!"

Many of the folks that came from places such as Korea said that if the US fails, the world fails and Trump is on the right path. They want America strong at any cost. A comment was made that a weak person can't pick up and protect another weak person and the same can be said for a weak country. They want the USA strong to keep their heads above water.

The entire world might not like our policies but they are sure glad that we have them.

I obviously ran into other views but the hate for Trump was nothing like we see on the news.

Keep up the good fight.

thats because you were in the west and prairies go east or far west on the left coast and you will get a differentview ,

BTW i like Trump.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by norm99

thats because you were in the west and prairies go east or far west on the left coast and you will get a differentview ,

BTW i like Trump.[/quote]

I did notice resentment from some folks from Vancouver but then they rode peddle bike across the country for a living.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't know if Canadians want Trump but they do want someone who doesn't believe in spending more than the country has coming in. They want someone who will not steal from the taxpayers; whether for himself or to enrich his cronies. They want someone doesn't preach fiscal restraint while spending lavishly. They want someone who knows the difference between acceptance and pandering. I'm pretty sure Canadians want someone who will fly the Canadian flag in preference to the rainbow flag.
I'm not real sure Canadians want someone who has never worked for a living (they've had plenty of those), is morally questionable, and lies when the truth would work better. However, if having that person in office will trick the people into having confidence in their economy and investing money at home rather than abroad, it might well be worth it. Just having someone in office who does things unconventionally is a big plus and it has been a plus for the US. In the end, it is all about perception. If the people perceive the administration to be fiscally conservative, they will believe it and will find plenty of reasons to excuse increasing debt.
Canada had a pretty good conservative in office and couldn't keep him there. One thing which is glaringly obvious on both sides of the border is that the news media, especially broadcast media, is strongly anti-conservative and will roast a conservative where they will give a liberal a pass or even accolades. Stephen Harper was doomed because he wouldn't kiss the butts of the liberal reporters. Donald Trump is seeing much the same thing but he makes it awfully easy for them.
I know I offend the Trumpeteers by not giving whole hearted support and ignoring the flaws but I believe both Americans and Canadians deserve more substance than they are getting. So. I think Canada needs someone who is Trump-like in some respects but would be a real fiscal conservative. A real conservative will recognise that the real crime is not spending but waste and will recognise that cutting services doesn't always mean cutting costs. In the end though, it doen't boil down to what the candidate can do but what he or she can display. Perception. It is unlikely to change. GD

Last edited by greydog; 07/06/19.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good luck finding a candidate that over 50% of the population believes is without flaws. Conservatives being stubborn and fretting over the small details is how we got Obama and almost Hilary.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Good luck finding a candidate that over 50% of the population believes is without flaws. Conservatives being stubborn and fretting over the small details is how we got Obama and almost Hilary.

Have got to say that there is no way in hell I would vote for someone who is perceived to be without flaws, I am more of a Thatcher or Churchill adherent.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506
That's not what Bernie says! smile

Yeah well you know.....Crazy Bernie..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Go and get ƒucked, they cannot have him as we have first dibs.

I see a good auction coming up in 5 years, Trump just may zero out the national debt after all.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
JStuart. Grand idea!

Alaska can build the bridging. We have experience with "bridges to nowhere" - so intercontinental trans-ocean "to somewhere" should be a breeze. smile

Last edited by las; 07/06/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 17 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,874
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.