Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 96 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 95 96
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
All we ate was omelettes in Home Ec class.

Went down at all times of day and made them.

Seems like we added a little water back then.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Well then.

Yes, Im always shooting for the perfect consistency. To the point now that the wife won't make mine if shes cooking them.

I never liked the way Mom made them and Dad liked his eggs over petrified. So I learned how to make omelette watching the Galloping gourmet.

Carryon.😁

Played with water or milk or other crazy stuff to get that texture or consistency you want Fats? I suspect you have x 10 but figured I'd get your thoughts. I love omelettes and have played with them a bit...

Half n half and I kinda wing it depending on size of eggs. Im a big fan of carryover cooking and leave the omelette a little on the undercooked side take off heat and cover for a few minutes to firm up before removing from pan. Its a game though that my wife hates.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well then.

Yes, Im always shooting for the perfect consistency. To the point now that the wife won't make mine if shes cooking them.

I never liked the way Mom made them and Dad liked his eggs over petrified. So I learned how to make omelette watching the Galloping gourmet.

Carryon.😁

Played with water or milk or other crazy stuff to get that texture or consistency you want Fats? I suspect you have x 10 but figured I'd get your thoughts. I love omelettes and have played with them a bit...

Half n half and I kinda wing it depending on size of eggs. Im a big fan of carryover cooking and leave the omelette a little on the undercooked side take off heat and cover for a few minutes to firm up before removing from pan. Its a game though that my wife hates.

Copy that. I do the same carry over...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Water = flatter
Dairy products = puffier

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Water = flatter
Dairy products = puffier

tha's why i add a bit of whole milk to an American style, not to a French style

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

Fennel seeds ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse
great guess FC67, but that's not fennel, was wondering if someone would notice. my mother's secret ingredient, caraway seed, great flavor, along with Lawry's and black pepper

Nice !!

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well then.

Carryon.😁

I generally add 1 Tbl spoon of liquid, per egg !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I like an omelette to be done. What I really don't like is if the eggs were not completely beaten and while the majority of the egg is done, there is a pocket of unmixed white that is still snot.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
not itsnot

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by sse

Fennel seeds ?

Caraway.

I am MAGA.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Toasted buttered bun, fried egg, bacon, and melted hoop cheese with Duke's mayonnaise.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could find hoop cheese at every butcher/deli and larger Mom n Pop stores when i was kid. Haven't had it in decades. Must be mostly regional now.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
i bet that's good...don't know what hoop cheese is

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess hoop cheese is basically a very young cheddar. It is soft. mild and kind of rubbery. Like FC said it is generally found in smaller local stores. I generally like very sharp cheddars and other strong flavored cheeses but like hoop cheese too.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by CWT
I guess hoop cheese is basically a very young cheddar. It is soft. mild and kind of rubbery. Like FC said it is generally found in smaller local stores. I generally like very sharp cheddars and other strong flavored cheeses but like hoop cheese too.

+1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Hoop cheese is made from the milk of the vicious and highly maneuverable hoop snake. It is a rare delicacy in that the milk must be collected while the snake is rolling, a task difficult in itself, but made more difficult by the danger involved should the snake deviate from its path of pursuit of the targeted individual to attack the milker instead.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
LOL

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The threat is real.

Made a "proper" omlette yesterday.

It was good.

Even used some sysco American cheese. Cause this is America.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pffht, sysco, the costco of the food industry !

Paul.

Page 9 of 96 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 95 96

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.