Hop To
Page 32 of 79 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by rimfire
JW's and mormons are a large % but have had fanatics of all christian denominations pester me. "born agains" are the absolute worst. Jew's never seem to pester me yet they are the most persecuted I find that odd. Maybe I'll put my JW encounter from last week up later if anyone wants to hear it.

Born Agains make mockery of Christianity in my opinion. They wear their status as "saved" on their sleeve and are pretty condescending to anyone who dares to believe differently than them.

If born again Christians are not Christlike--that is too their shame...but we will never be Christlike unless we are truly born again.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
If the complexity of Biology seems unlikely to have evolved, how much more complex is the existence of a Creator? If one requires a Creator, so does the other, ad infinitum.

How is the existence of a creator more complex? We recognize design as evidence of designers in our daily lives without puzzling over the novelty of that concept.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/07/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by Starman
For those not on the short list to get into heaven, take heart that God is still with you in hell.

Psa 139:7-12 KJV -

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

This is another good example of the skeptics lack of Scriptural understanding:
The word hell is used to mean grave or place of punishment. David is saying if he dies or takes his life and should he go to the grave or the abode of the wicked he will not escape the judgment of God. In the final judgment death and hell will give up their dead to stand before the Great White throne judgment to be tried for their deeds on earth. Rev.20:13

Alleged contradictions that are based on a lack of understanding are not legitimate contradictions--they are alleged contradictions that exist in the mind that is prejudiced against reconciliation or truth.

There you go again...making excuses for contradictions that you say don't exist.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by carbon12
TF49

What does your faith in God allow for the souls of our beloved dogs? Do the dogs have an afterlife? If so, is it with the afterlife of their humans?

Nobody knows anything about an afterlife. But rereading "Rainbow Bridge" can help ease the lost of a beloved pet.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rimfire
100 people can read the bible and they will come up with 100 different answers as to what different verses are trying to say. Of course each will believe only their interpretation is correct.

There are fundamental truths of scripture that everyone can understand and believe at an early age--there's no real debate among true Christians on the great truths of historical Christianity--such as the Apostle's creed. There are other portions of the Bible that will challenge and engage our understanding and learning till we die. Within the boundaries of fundamental truth vigorous discussion is healthy. The Bible is an inexhaustible book. Some of the greatest men of the world and of our nation have been believers. People who believed in God have given this world the best form of government it has ever seen. They have even protected the rights of those who will spit on their God. Because of the God given rights of liberty of conscience established by God-fearing men, skeptics can freely make lists of alleged contradictions in the Scriptures which guided the lives of these great men--and in the end its truth will stand like the anvil which breaks all hammers.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
“no real debate among true Christians”

Translation: even if you believe in God, if you don’t agree we’ll classify you as ‘other than a true Christian’.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Starman
For those not on the short list to get into heaven, take heart that God is still with you in hell.

Psa 139:7-12 KJV -

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

This is another good example of the skeptics lack of Scriptural understanding:
The word hell is used to mean grave or place of punishment. David is saying if he dies or takes his life and should he go to the grave or the abode of the wicked he will not escape the judgment of God. In the final judgment death and hell will give up their dead to stand before the Great White throne judgment to be tried for their deeds on earth. Rev.20:13

Alleged contradictions that are based on a lack of understanding are not legitimate contradictions--they are alleged contradictions that exist in the mind that is prejudiced against reconciliation or truth.

There you go again...making excuses for contradictions that you say don't exist.

Look at this logically for a moment ... if you can cite scripture to show alleged contradictions and yet the use of more scripture will make it all reconcile--why would this be an excuse? Any document that explains itself, when considered in context and then in the full scope, does not have a conflict. This is standard protocol for interpreting any document. All we are asking of the skeptic is to make an honest inquiry, examine the immediate context and the full scope, and then use some common sense and good reasoning. Is that too much to ask of a skeptic?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
“no real debate among true Christians”

Translation: even if you believe in God, if you don’t agree we’ll classify you as ‘other than a true Christian’.

How do you logically make that translation when I gave an example of the apostle's creed as a unifying Christian document? What I would take exception to is redefining historical Christianity and then being asked to be considered a Christian.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
TF49

What does your faith in God allow for the souls of our beloved dogs? Do the dogs have an afterlife? If so, is it with the afterlife of their humans?

That's what separates humans from other animals, they have no souls.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
TF49

That's what separates humans from other animals, they have no souls.

I’d classify a number of humans in that category as well.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
TF49

Nobody knows anything about an afterlife. But rereading "Rainbow Bridge" can help ease the lost of a beloved pet.

So if nobody knows anything about an afterlife--this would also include you--meaning that you cannot disprove it either. Furthermore you would not be convinced even if someone rose from the dead and testified of the truth of an afterlife would you? The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the indisputable proof that life does not pass on into an after of nothingness. No one here on this thread has been able to advance one good argument to dispute the facts of history that Jesus lived and was crucified. I presented 4 Roman witnesses -- 3 historians and 1 emperor -- none which were favorable to Christianity. They testify of His life and death. No one has from ancient history or modern times have been able to provide evidence that the body didn't rise. That was the only thing the ancient world needed to do to disprove the Christian claim. The resurrection of Christ will stand as a testimony for all times that when a man dies he does not pass into nothingness but will be called back to life to stand in judgment for his deeds and belief.

Men with far greater legal credentials than all the skeptics on this thread combined, have thoroughly researched the evidence and have concluded that the evidence supporting the resurrection of Christ is unassailable when honestly employing recognized and standard laws of evidence.

Some of these great men were instrumental in the founding and early development of our nation. The ones who have since been tearing our nation down are those men who are skeptical of the moral foundation on which it has stood.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Its for certain, certain geniuses cant distinguish the difference between truth and proof of fact.

Rimfire, i farted this AM. That is the truth, but yet a fact i cant prove.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

TF49

Re carbon 12: Qualifier; it is not my ”faith” or what my faith in God would allow that is important on this issue. What matters is what a God said...what the Bible has to say about it.

Seems there is not much said about it but it seems the majority of bible scholars believe that indeed there are animals in Heaven. That they are created seems right. I am not sure about our beloved pets. It may be that pets have “souls” but it may be that they do not have eternal souls.

Having said that, it would seems to me...speculation only....That if we wanted our beloved pet with us and asked the Lord to make it happen, I would not be surprised if He would do exactly that.

Sorry for the inconclusive answer but that’s all I’ve got.

Btw.... I did have a lady pose a question similar to that.... she knew the dog had loved nothing more than chasing rabbits and did in fact catch a couple....hence her question....I chickened out and told her that dogs in heaven can chase rabbits and the rabbits love to be chased and enjoy the race but the dogs just can’t seem to catch them. Oh well...best I could do at the time....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
If the complexity of Biology seems unlikely to have evolved, how much more complex is the existence of a Creator? If one requires a Creator, so does the other, ad infinitum.

How is the existence of a creator more complex? We recognize design as evidence of designers in our daily lives without puzzling over the novelty of that concept.

A creator must be able to think and act. These are not simple things. To create a universe is not a simple thing to do. To propose a Creator is not a solution to complexity, it just moves the goal post.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Its for certain, certain geniuses cant distinguish the difference between truth and proof of fact.

People fart. Everybody farts. People make claims that may or may not be true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Um, ontologically that is wrong by definition

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

A creator must be able to think and act. These are not simple things. To create a universe is not a simple thing to do. To propose a Creator is not a solution to complexity, it just moves the goal post.

That just simply explains why the Creator must be all wise, all powerful, and all knowing like the Bible says. You can't escape the logic that a Creator is required and must be greater than Creation, and as such, doesn't need your permission or belief to exist.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Your claim that you farted is a very ordinary claim. As a result, the standards of evidence for such a claim are low.

In contrast, a universe making super natural being is a extraordinary claims, and this claim requires extraordinary evidence, yet you cannot offer anything that even qualifies as good evidence, let alone extraordinary.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
jaguartx now you are in the "I know you are but what am I" playground mode. Sorry to see that.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT

Your claim that you farted is a very ordinary claim. As a result, the standards of evidence for such a claim are low.

In contrast, a universe making super natural being is a extraordinary claims, and this claim requires extraordinary evidence, yet you cannot offer anything that even qualifies as good evidence, let alone extraordinary.

Again science demands it on the basis of the need for an uncaused first cause, the anthropic principles of life, and the biological irreducible complexity of life. To reject God as the Intelligent designer is unscientific and based purely on prejudice.

The problem with atheism and skepticism is that the mind becomes enslaved by the will and emotion of the heart and cannot honestly examine the evidence. The skeptic and atheist refuse to believe that which their passions wish to reject and their cover is that they need more evidence. Yet they cannot produce any credible proof that God does not exist.

Page 32 of 79 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,410
Posts18,528,153
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.