Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Have you ever thought of working during the summers?

Hmmm..... 30+ summers gone by, I think I worked like 25 of ‘em.

The thing is, I ain’t got all that many left, all we get to keep when we check out are our stories, and I got an audience. If I can pull off cool stuff pretty late in life, some of them will too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Point taken, usually I get along OK with Indians, never been thumped but been close. I ever I get beat up by an Indian, hey, I think that means that I’m in cool

Whatever the fugk that means.

Rez Indian- Hey brother what tribe your from? Birdwatcher- well I was beat up by some Crowe Indians so I’m Crowe. Rez Indian- standing there at a loss for words..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Birdie,

Will be leaving Rocky Mountain Rendezvous either the 20th or 21st. Gonna run up to the ranch at Grand Lake for a couple of days and fish. If your headed back down your welcome to join us.

Also,,,

I’m pullin’ my 6’ x 8’ travois behind my pickup. If you get knocked up side the head or took out by an errant 18 yard end dump, we can strap what’s left on the trailer and be happy to haul you back to Bejar, a la Augustus McCrae style.

Hey! Anything for an amigo!!!

Sounds like he just found his ride home to Texas..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ok.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Rolling north in an SUV.

You'll be back in the saddle before ya know it, Mike!

Speaking of which... Is she good lookin'?

We won't tell.... smile

With the obvious exception of the ‘Fire, I only hang out with good-looking people 😎

Just rolled into Colorado via Clayton/Raton/Trinidad.

My God, we live in a beautiful country.

Birdman,

tip of the hat to you, for having a great adventure this summer. for a lot of people summer is like the rest of the year, only hotter. a few people sound down right upset you are having an adventure. mebbeso they aren't having as much fun as you.

anyway, keep on being Birdwatcher, not many could tackle the job.

I'm convinced none would enjoy it as much as you do.

They don't even sound like they're having much fun at whatever it is they chose to do.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Rolling north in an SUV.

You'll be back in the saddle before ya know it, Mike!

Speaking of which... Is she good lookin'?

We won't tell.... smile

With the obvious exception of the ‘Fire, I only hang out with good-looking people 😎

Just rolled into Colorado via Clayton/Raton/Trinidad.

My God, we live in a beautiful country.

Birdman,

tip of the hat to you, for having a great adventure this summer. for a lot of people summer is like the rest of the year, only hotter. a few people sound down right upset you are having an adventure. mebbeso they aren't having as much fun as you.

They don't even sound like they're having much fun at whatever it is they chose to do.

Adventure? he literally rode his bike 300 miles then hitched a ride to Montana via car... he's about to pedal his ass over to kaywoodie AO and throw his bike in the truck and birddog it all the way to Texas..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If this was an adventure I need to be writing books.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The Blackfeet love the Crow up in Browning

Very peaceful loving tribe

Originally Posted by 79S
Another proud moment I’m sure.

When was the last time you was mistook for drunk on the Rez? Never.

Thought so......

Actually I was impressed that I could sleep so soundly on concrete at around 55-60F wearing just my one thin loose layer of nylon cycling duds with no blanket or covering of any sort cool Laying down I thought the cool temps would wake me up pretty quick, but I didn’t wanna rummage around in the vehicle and wake up my friend. Secret is to staying warm enough to sleep is ya gotta cover your head

You know I'm being a dick.. most here forgot to tell you the place to visit in Montana is browning Montana great great place.. please tell them about your story of being mistaking for a drunk crow, oh they will get a good laugh out of it. So get browning Montana ASAP

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep that's why he needs to mention that too them.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Point taken, usually I get along OK with Indians, never been thumped but been close. I ever I get beat up by an Indian, hey, I think that means that I’m in cool

Whatever the fugk that means.

Rez Indian- Hey brother what tribe your from? Birdwatcher- well I was beat up by some Crowe Indians so I’m Crowe. Rez Indian- standing there at a loss for words..

It don’t matter, the Indians is pretty cool already, they don’t need me.

But here’s how it works;

A) I rode my bike all the way through friggin’ Yellowstone.... that mission got compromised, for good reasons, but compromised.

OK, next best thing......

B) I rode my bike FROM friggin’ Yellowstone..... gonna know for sure in a week if that’s gonna happen, depends on how fast if at all I can get through the mountains.

Now thanks to my buddy K there’s choice C) a ride home from Grand Lake, hey just 850 miles from here...... piece of cake....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Yep that's why he needs to mention that too them.

Indians everywhere like me because of my charm and good looks cool

Anyways it was 500 miles Dude, just getting warmed up, which I’m gonna need up here in friggin’ cold Montana....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
riding 1000 miles with Kaywoodie ought to be a summers worth of stories!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey BW:

I'm tipping ,my hat to you from down here in Georgia. One way I have of looking at the world is to consider it is made up of two types of people: be-ers and do - ers.

Be-ers just want to bebe someone, usually leading with their mouths, problem is: they don't seem to accomplish much except perhaps in the vacuous recesses of their own minds.

Be-ers seem to comprise at least 80% of the population, maybe a higher percentage. Easy to spot, they often can be identified badmouthing others.

Do-ers on the other hand, do things, and get things done. A much smaller percentage than be-ers.

And you are a do- er. The hecklers here act like be-ers as far as I can tell.

I'm a couple years older than you and find inspiration in your story. I'm thinking that my climb to over the 5000M mark (a little over 16,000 ft) of Mount Chimborazo in Ecuador this spring was not as daunting as your trip, and certainly less of a marathon.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Blu_Cs; 07/08/19.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Blu C

Thanks for the kind words. I’m pretty sure 79S has one and lost some brawls in his time, maybe up here in Montana.

Meanwhile on this bike thing it’s interesting.

When most folks see a bike tourer loaded down with bags tooling down the roadside they don’t think “wow ya gotta be tough to do that”, mostly they get irritated by the bike on the road.

OTOH when it’s someone they know doing it they’re more inclined to think “dang that must be tough”.

Meanwhile the one doing it will tell ya it ain’t hard it’s mostly a question of having the time.

OTOH again I’m a tad uncertain about the next leg of the tour because I don’t know this country. But people do it all the time so it must be OK.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Either last summer or the one before I talked for a few minutes with a couple of younger women bicycling cross country together. They'd stopped at a local Dollar General store to pick up a few necessities. They said they started their trip on the SE coast and were headed west. As I recall, one said she was headed to up around where you are now and the other said she was going all the way to a NW coastal state.

Several years back I talked with a man in his '50s (he was a school teacher, as well) who said he was bicycling cross country also. Said he had his bicycle and traveling gear shipped out to Washington state, then flew out there and started his trip from there and was headed back to NY state where he lived and taught school. As I recall he said he swung down through the SW states partly to see country he hadn't seen before and partly to avoid trying to pedal over the mountain ranges out west. Said he was hoping to make it home in time to rest up for a week or so before the next school semester started up.

We generally get quite a few cross country bicyclist pass through this area ever summer riding anywhere from singly to groups of several traveling together. A Protestant church in a local town hosts touring bicyclist needing a little R&R break. They can cook a warm meal, rest up and sleep inside with A/C, watch TV, shower, shave and wash clothes, etc, while there. I've seen as high as about a dozen or so there at one time.

Apparently there's quite a few folks of all ages and backgrounds that are into cross country bicycle touring nowadays.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Birdman,

I'm waiting to see how many miles per day these guys ride a bike in summer... wink

Hang in there Mike!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
riding 1000 miles with Kaywoodie ought to be a summers worth of stories!

Hey Syc! I’ve got one of my old muzzleloading buds with me too! Remember that duo in the Muppets, Statler & Waldorf? Well, that’s us!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
By Gawd, Clark! I don’t need no stinkin’ velocipede or Penny/Farthing to do that! I got an F150!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by kaywoodie; 07/08/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent! <in best Mr. Burns' voice> :-)

John

Originally Posted by kaywoodie
By Gawd, Clark! I don’t need no stinkin’ velocipede or Penny/Farthing to do that! I got an F150!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 16penny, 44mc, 21 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,721
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.