Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 79 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

There sits the heart of the matter. Like a festering boil.

I consider this a very fair question as long as it is understood to be answered within the context of those times. I would offer the following to consider:

a. Their moral pollution had reached its fullness and had become generational affecting even the small children. Gen. 15:16; Exodus 20:5
b. The pagan women would have led Israel’s children into idolatry. Deut.20:16,17; Num.25:1-3
c. God intended to preserve Israel in order to bless the whole world--in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed (Gen.22:18). Other contemporary nations also practiced genocide but only in self-interest.
d. The children in death were saved, while in life they would have been depraved and lost (Matt.19:14). It shows us the depravity of their idolatry, which was really demonic worship as it included child sacrifice (Deut.32:16,17; Lev.18:21).
e. God also set borders on Israel so that they could not expand beyond them in the practice of “genocide” to claim their inheritance. The border limits set them apart as a far “kinder nation” than the typical expansionist/raiding mentality of their neighbors.
f. They also were to be kind to the strangers and remember their hardship in Egypt (Ex.23:9).
g. (Deut.2:25) God placed his fear on the nations ahead of driving them out. They were forewarned and given the opportunity to leave if they chose to do so (Deut.20). Israel was driving out nations mightier than they by the help of God were not overwhelming them with superior numbers. (Deut.11:23)
h. People who wished to voluntarily join with Israel were recognized—Rahab, Ruth, Uriah the Hittite,

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rimfire
If the bible was truly "gods" word it wouldn't have evolved , 600 years ago the earth was flat today its round. A god would have known at the time the bible was written that it was round and not let the primitives (bible writers) believe it was flat.

The Bible shows scientific knowledge beyond what the writers knew themselves:
Isa. 40: 22 It is he who sits above the "circle" of the earth,

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

I consider this a very fair question as long as it is understood to be answered within the context of those times. I would offer the following to consider:

a. Their moral pollution had reached its fullness and had become generational affecting even the small children. Gen. 15:16; Exodus 20:5
b. The pagan women would have led Israel’s children into idolatry. Deut.20:16,17; Num.25:1-3
c. God intended to preserve Israel in order to bless the whole world--in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed (Gen.22:18). Other contemporary nations also practiced genocide but only in self-interest.
d. The children in death were saved, while in life they would have been depraved and lost (Matt.19:14). It shows us the depravity of their idolatry, which was really demonic worship as it included child sacrifice (Deut.32:16,17; Lev.18:21).
e. God also set borders on Israel so that they could not expand beyond them in the practice of “genocide” to claim their inheritance. The border limits set them apart as a far “kinder nation” than the typical expansionist/raiding mentality of their neighbors.
f. They also were to be kind to the strangers and remember their hardship in Egypt (Ex.23:9).
g. (Deut.2:25) God placed his fear on the nations ahead of driving them out. They were forewarned and given the opportunity to leave if they chose to do so (Deut.20). Israel was driving out nations mightier than they by the help of God were not overwhelming them with superior numbers. (Deut.11:23)
h. People who wished to voluntarily join with Israel were recognized—Rahab, Ruth, Uriah the Hittite,

Sick.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So how would you classify all the other nations of the ancient world?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We need to remember that we are no longer under that covenant of law by which the Hebrews were governed--but it was necessary for their preservation in a time when nations regularly practiced genocide without boundaries. If you are trying to draw contemporary comparisons then this question is really best addressed to a Jew who, unlike the Christian, believes the full OT moral code is still in effect.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
, Lets say someone wanted to believe in a god How would he know the one "true" religion to choose.( Love to hear the twisted and spun answers on this question}.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
We need to remember that we are no longer under that covenant of law by which the Hebrews were governed--but it was necessary for their preservation in a time when nations regularly practiced genocide without boundaries. If you are trying to draw contemporary comparisons then this question is really best addressed to a Jew who, unlike the Christian, believes the full OT moral code is still in effect.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So how would you classify all the other nations of the ancient world?

If you're asking me, just as sick.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Oh, OK.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
, Lets say someone wanted to believe in a god How would he know the one "true" religion to choose.( Love to hear the twisted and spun answers on this question}.

Simple enough, eschew all "religion" and deal with God yourself.

To do otherwise is to not deal with God, rather a group of people that put themselves in place of God.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
If the bible was truly "gods" word it wouldn't have evolved , 600 years ago the earth was flat today its round. A god would have known at the time the bible was written that it was round and not let the primitives (bible writers) believe it was flat.

July. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
JSTUART according to "true" believers their is only one true path to salvation, I need to know the correct one ,and proof it is correct. A mistake could land a person in hell don't you know.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
JSTUART according to "true" believers their is only one true path to salvation, I need to know the correct one ,and proof it is correct. A mistake could land a person in hell don't you know.

Remember that bit about "group of people that put themselves in place of God".

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
But there is no god.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
But there is no god.

In your world that may be so.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The Bible shows scientific knowledge beyond what the writers knew themselves:
Isa. 40: 22 It is he who sits above the "circle" of the earth,

Circles are flat.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Moses:

Sick.

Sick and a lame excuse.

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous.
But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God.
This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity." Carl Sagan

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
35 pages and still no proof. only I believe therefore it must be true. The Norse believed in Odin therefore he must be true also. Using your "logic" of course.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Why not? He lets you write BS.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
35 pages and still no proof. only I believe therefore it must be true. The Norse believed in Odin therefore he must be true also. Using your "logic" of course.

He wants there to be no proof in order to exclude people with no faith, like you.

You think we want to spend eternity with folks like you. Hell, it wouldnt be Heaven.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/08/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 35 of 79 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,111
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.