Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 79 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Honest inquiry and evaluation to seek and find truth is supported by scripture--"Prove all things, hold fast that which is good." Skepticism which is based on denying any absolute truth is condemned as folly.

GB4

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by rimfire
xxclaro you don't have to prove something doesn't exist,you have to prove it does.

If you are going to make an absolute statement like "God does not exist" then I'd say you do need some good reasons why it's not possible for a god to exist. I might not believe in ghosts or UFOs or bigfoot or hollow earth dwelling lizard people, but if I'm honest then the best I can say is that I find it extremely unlikely and don't see any compelling evidence. However, if I get beamed up to come face to face with bigfoot, I'm open to changing my mind...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If god existed he would have shown himself in the beginning of mans existence, not 100's of thousands of years later. His word would also be the same worldwide not christianity here Buddhism there odin,zeus etc. etc. a century or 2 ago I to probably would have believed in a god but with the advances in science their conclusions make much more sense. There are people out there who still believe in noah's ark and a flood that covered the world.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
He did

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Consider this:
If we say God was immoral for using annihilation measures in war after people refused to leave, surrender, or make an agreement ... are we also morally condemning the Allied powers for their bombings of Berlin and Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end the War when the Axis powers refused to surrender?

In Berlin, the bombings went to night time because the day time bombings were too costly, but in doing so the military could not be solely targeted, but rather area bombing at night was employed which also hit population centers and killed indiscriminately.

With regards to Hiroshima and Nagasaki the plan was simply to cause so much collateral damage and death to force and end to the war. Again women and children were killed indiscriminately.

I am not condoning this action, and the Allies were reluctant to employ it, and today it remains morally grey for some for warfare; but the Allies believed they had no other way to succinctly bring the war to an end. Their intent for the indiscriminate bombing which included all ages of civilians was to stop the war at whatever cost and thus alleviate the overall continuing casualties.

I simply say this to show that not so long ago the Allies of the world saw this as the only way to stop the evil spread of the Axis powers.

Truman's words,
"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. Behind this air attack will follow sea and land forces in such numbers and power as they have not yet seen and with the fighting skill of which they are already well aware."

It sounds like Truman was planning to execute far more destruction than the "bloodthirsty God of the OT."

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/08/19.
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
He did, that's a lot of BULL. Unless you are thinking of that ridiculous story of adam and eve. even less credible than the ark fairy tail. You really aren't saying the people in China knew of your god but chose buddah instead are you.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If god existed he would have shown himself in the beginning of mans existence, not 100's of thousands of years later. His word would also be the same worldwide not christianity here Buddhism there odin,zeus etc. etc. a century or 2 ago I to probably would have believed in a god but with the advances in science their conclusions make much more sense. There are people out there who still believe in noah's ark and a flood that covered the world.

Oh! That's what God needs to do!! LOL

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If history doesn't all happen according rimifire does that make it all wrong? I see more vitriol than substance ...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Consider this:
If we say God was immoral for using annihilation measures in war after people refused to leave, surrender, or make an agreement ... are we also morally condemning the Allied powers for their bombings of Berlin and Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end the War when the Axis powers refused to surrender?

In Berlin, the bombings went to night time because the day time bombings were too costly, but in doing so the military could not be solely targeted, but rather area bombing at night was employed which also hit population centers and killed indiscriminately.

With regards to Hiroshima and Nagasaki the plan was simply to cause so much collateral damage and death to force and end to the war. Again women and children were killed indiscriminately.

I am not condoning this action, and the Allies were reluctant to employ it, and today it remains morally grey for some for warfare; but the Allies believed they had no other way to succinctly bring the war to an end. Their intent for the indiscriminate bombing which included all ages of civilians was to stop the war at whatever cost and thus alleviate the overall continuing casualties.

I simply say this to show that not so long ago the Allies of the word saw this as the only way to stop the evil spread of the Axis powers.

Truman's words,
"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. Behind this air attack will follow sea and land forces in such numbers and power as they have not yet seen and with the fighting skill of which they are already well aware

Indiscriminate annihilation is what humans do. I would expect a God that created a universe from nothing would have other options.

Last edited by carbon12; 07/08/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So we can judge God by our manmade moral standards and excuse men by the same standards or different standards ... no wait God employed Israel to carry out those plans ... hmm ... did He also use the Allies ... Oh no, ... looks like we don't get a trite solution here ...

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Maybe it was wrong for God to do it ... but since it was right for the Jews ... He had them do it ...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Indiscriminate annihilation is what humans do. I would expect a God that created a universe from nothing would have other options.

This is another example of skeptics eventually contradicting their own lines of reasoning--first of all you can't charge God with anything unless you believe that He exists, and Israel did what He commanded, and that it was accurately recorded in the OT. So on one hand its said He doesn't exist, then we charge Him with being immoral.

We say the universe wasn't created by God, then He had other options as the Creator. They blame God for trying to "fix everything according to His will" but then we blame Him if He works through mankind and doesn't employ enough miracles--but then we deny that miracles exist...and so it goes ...

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

You are assuming that a God would show himself in obvious ways, which is not necessarily the case. Maybe we are just a lab experiment that is being allowed to run its course with minimal or no interference. Likewise for his word, no reason that a God would necessarily do such a thing.
I think the problem for a lot of people when thinking about God is thinking in too limited of terms, assuming that it would basically be a human being with superpowers.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
If history doesn't all happen according rimifire does that make it all wrong? I see more vitriol than substance ...

Uh, do you see, any conceited stupidity? Id bet i do.

The World According to Rimfire. Now that would be a big seller.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/08/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lots of verbiage. Still can't mask fuzzy logic.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

This is another example of skeptics eventually contradicting their own lines of reasoning--first of all you can't charge God with anything unless you believe that He exists, and Israel did what He commanded, and that it was accurately recorded in the OT. So on one hand its said He doesn't exist, then we charge Him with being immoral.

We say the universe wasn't created by God, then He had other options as the Creator. They blame God for trying to "fix everything according to His will" but then we blame Him if He works through mankind and doesn't employ enough miracles--but then we deny that miracles exist...and so it goes ...

I don't read it like that at all. I think he's simply saying that a God as wise and powerful as he would have to be to create all that is, would have had far better options than simply annihilating an entire people. He's not charging God with anything, he's saying God didn't do, in fact couldn't have done it since he doesn't exist, and therefore it was done by man using "God's will" and an excuse.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

More facts he will likely deny.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even easier. By definition God is not constrained by anything. Least of all someone's opinion of how he should act. We're interested in what our relationship with God actually is, not what we think it should be.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aalso consider the relationshp between free will and proof of God's existence. If we had proof of God to an ontological certainty we would ethically do what He said. We would be reduced to God's little robots, not made in His image and likeness.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by carbon12

Any annihilation ordained by God is far from indiscriminate. Throughout history there have been groups who just needed to totally die. It's that free-will thing, that sometimes just gets too free, I believe.

He put us here and He can take us out. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that, but for wretched pieces of failed humanity believing they might have some worth, like lieberals. Ha!

Page 37 of 79 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.