Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Indiscriminate annihilation is what humans do. I would expect a God that created a universe from nothing would have other options.

This is another example of skeptics eventually contradicting their own lines of reasoning--first of all you can't charge God with anything unless you believe that He exists, and Israel did what He commanded, and that it was accurately recorded in the OT. So on one hand its said He doesn't exist, then we charge Him with being immoral.

We say the universe wasn't created by God, then He had other options as the Creator. They blame God for trying to "fix everything according to His will" but then we blame Him if He works through mankind and doesn't employ enough miracles--but then we deny that miracles exist...and so it goes ...

I don't read it like that at all. I think he's simply saying that a God as wise and powerful as he would have to be to create all that is, would have had far better options than simply annihilating an entire people. He's not charging God with anything, he's saying God didn't do, in fact couldn't have done it since he doesn't exist, and therefore it was done by man using "God's will" and an excuse.