Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by K22
Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity.

A few verses referencing prophet criteria

2 Peter 1: 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [a]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 28:9 As for the prophet who prophesies peace, when the word of that prophet comes to pass, then it will be known that the LORD has truly sent the prophet.”

Yep! Those books sure fit under this.

I find it interesting that Jahrs quotes Second Peter, which is widely considered a later forgery and NOT written by Peter, even among those who biblical scholars who believe Peter existed.

Ive actually never heard this before but yes it is very interesting. Peter answers the false teachers and has much to say about them in his 2nd book, so I am not surprised at the attempt to discredit.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon