Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Jahrs
[quote=K22]

That is so not true. Books Mentioned in the Bible.

But have it your way.

I was agreeing with you that they are mentioned in scripture but that’s not the same as being equal with scripture.
What exactly is your argument that all 90 are equal?

I know I said I was not going to post anymore on this thread, but when you said
A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized.
, it pretty much says well a few then, 3 books maybe in just in the OT. Actually most of the "lost books" are mentioned in the Bible and The Book of Enoch is quoted not only by Jude, but by Jesus also.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})

shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})

"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).

Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})

between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})

that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})

the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed and I say that is a false teaching and one that comes from a 501C3 church where Jesus is no longer the head. The State is the head and the church can twist it any way they like but that fact still remains and if the State is the head then the body is NOT the body of Christ no more. How can that happen? By destroying the church and the body with lack of knowledge. The whole Book is needed to complete the picture that God painted just as a whole book of mathematics is needed. You start leaving out the small pieces of the picture the picture is no longer complete, then pretty soon bigger pieces are left out with sweet sounding propaganda stuff like "well they (and who is they really) didn't canonize those books. Once you can leave pieces of the picture out the picture looks strange, incomplete so now you can add your own pieces to make it "look" complete, but is it the true picture painted by God? And, here we have Jesus and the apostles quoting the Book of Enoch but the "church" says that book doesn't fit in our arrangement, no need to read it. Well ok fine, then those scriptures quoted from Enoch have no true meaning and eveyone needs to stop quoting them as though they came from Jesus. For instance, .........the Father judgeth no man, but hath commited all judgment unto the son....naw, toss that one out..................for every one that hath forsaken........shall inherit everlasting life................naw, not important toss it out too..............and on and on and on.

So the real question is this..............when the Head, Jesus, comes back for the body, the congregation, what congregation will he find? The one that cut off the head of Christ in leu of a bribe/tax exempt from the State or a body that forsook the love of money for truth and refused the 501C3 exemption? Oh, just so you know, under the Constitution the Church is already tax exempt, so falling for Lucifers 501C3 control form is a Satanic trap and renders the church to no effect.
From my studies I find that if you forsake Christ as the head of the body, your prayers and rituals are cast away and He hears you not, so why is the church crying "Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."

Very simply answered--the Bible quotes non-canonical books as simply books. Paul quotes the poet Aratus in Acts 17 without intending to consider it Scripture. When the Bible quotes other Scriptures it typically refers to them as "it is written" "the Scripture says" "the Holy Ghost says" or uses the name of a "recognized prophet." It is illogical to assume that books should be included in the Bible that were never intended to be included nor were they recognized as Scripture by their contemporary audience. The inter-testamental books indicate there was no prophet in Israel at that time and the Jews considered those books by their own Jewish authors as a merely an uninspired record of history. Jesus affirms the Tanakh as the extent of the OT canon in Luke. He refers to the 3 divisions of and calls them all the Scriptures. In Matthew He gives a list of martyrs beginning with Abel and ending with Zechariah the son Barachias. Zechariah was not the last chronological martyr--rather he was the last martyr recorded in the last book of the Tanakh--2Chronicles.

What I have witnessed over and over again is that many times atheists and agnostics don't do their homework before they draw conclusions. It is akin to liberalism-simply equate it with enlightened thinking and no further intellectual honesty, critical thinking, or careful research needs to be employed.

What you are looks very much like a corporate institutional programming. Many of the early church fathers recognized that those books should be included with the 66 books. And Enoch was at the forefront. Is it not written in the book of ____ , would that not be the same as, it is written? Having Christ quote many scriptures from a book would or should be enough reason to research I would think.