Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Your excuses do not begin to justify killing some one for gathering sticks on any day.

Just so we are clear. I am not trying to give you an acceptable answer. I make no excuses for what God had a right to do. I make no excuses for how He chooses to punish now or for all eternity. He will do what is right without our consent. I am only giving a logical explanation that shows there is no contradiction in the biblical record. But logic won't do for someone who wishes to insert their own arbitrary morals into the equation. You guys didn't want to give your moral code but you can't refrain from arbitrary judgement.

And of course In Assyria anyone flagrantly disobeying would have likely been tortured before being executed. The family would also likely have suffered a similar fate. But we don't want to recognize how Gods laws for those times were moving the world to better morals. It's easier just to insert our own arbitrary judgement.

Have you considered seeing how the group consensus morals posted by AS would apply? On the basis of those morals the corporate agreement required a punishment.