Raspy,

What you're describing is known as Pascal's Wager.

There's a few problems with it. Just because there exists two possibilities, that doesn't mean they are equally weighted. Every time you drive to work, you can either get in an accident, or not get in an accident. If there were equally weighted possibilities it would happen roughly every other day, but I'm sure that's not the case for you.[/quote]

Yes, Pascal's Wager, ....it is a 50 50 chance that the coin will be either heads or tails...choice....One does not choose to get in an accident, sometimes it happens through no fault of your own...but if you think like Pascal, either there is, or either there is not a God and Heaven, the fifty fifty chance is my choice that there is a God and I'll strive to do all i can in order to go to Heaven.

Over the years i have been going back and forth about if at death, one chooses Tails, lights out, nothing there, nada, thats it....I think there may be a consequence to choosing Tails.....a black void, nothingness, or maybe flames of hell.
[/quote]

I still don't understand how someone can just choose what they believe, like they are choosing which clothes to wear that day. To me, something is believable or it's not, and if its not, there is no longer a choice to be made as to whether or not I'll believe it. I've asked before but haven't received an answer,so I can only assume that some people must have the ability to absolutely believe whatever they want, even if its ridiculously far fetched, while others don't.[/quote]
Seems you want proof....it is all about faith....simple, either you believe or don't...your choice.

Illegitimi non carborundum