Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Over 40 years ago I prayed as hard as I knew how for the life of a small child who was my grandson.
That didn't work out and I have learned to accept that.
What was worse was the feeling I came away with that there was Nobody on the other end of the line.

Tried it again about 20 years later for a parent who was suffering and was ready to go.
That same feeling came back; loud and clear.

I am very sorry for your losses. God does not always intervene in miraculous ways against the laws of nature--but He is the only one who can. We can become bitter against God because He did not answer prayers the way we wanted Him to ... all believers share in the experiences of the laws of nature taking effect and God not miraculously intervening on our behalf. Yet if I reject or get angry with God--nothing changes regarding my reality or pain. My experiences of pain cannot create or destroy the existence of God and they stay with me.

If I choose anger against God, I keep my reality and my pain and I add to it resentment and bitterness against God whom, we say, does not exist (an oxymoron) and my life becomes a meaningless chain of random and painful events.I have seen many believers face tremendous pain and suffering, and yield their pain to God, knowing He loves them in spite of these difficult circumstances and is still working for their good. I have seen them yield to His sovereign will and move on through life and reach out to others when they are suffering. I have seen their suffering equip them to minister to others in need. I have heard them testify that God has always worked all things out for their good. This is also my faith, and by God's grace I have needed to yield to His will when it was not my own, but I have also seen God move on my behalf in miraculous ways.