Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by K22
Any Holy Bible that you want to use as long as there are 66 boks in it.

I'm hoping you are not serious.
What about the other 24 or so?

[Linked Image]

Even Google thinks that 66 is the correct answer, can you believe that?

I listed the ESV, NSAB and the New King James as my preference and you are surprised at my answer?

The 14 apocrypha books were not canonized in the same way as the 66 (Genesis thru Revelation) were and did not meet the criteria.

The Criteria being

1) Was the book written by a prophet of God?
2) Was the writer authenticated by miracles to confirm his message?
3) Does the book tell the truth about God, with no falsehood or contradiction?
4) Does the book evince a divine capacity to transform lives?
5) Was the book accepted as God's Word by the people to whom it was first delivered?

66 + 12 + 80

What are the other 12 or so books that you are stating to be Scripture?

Since you linked from Google, I'll link from Wikipedia which lists the 24 or so books. Most of those books I have and have study them. The information in all of them is very important to have so that the Bible (alleged Word of God) flows more like a river instead of the hops and skips required to make it from one puddle to another. Your first listed criteria is interesting for a couple of reasons. Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity. The other 4 criteria listed are ludicrous and quite obviously coming from some "religion" teaching. If I was trying to lead a person to Jesus and certainly wouldn't use any of the those 5 questions as proof as none of them can be proven as true criteria.
Let me suggest you read and study the Book of Enoch, the Book of Jasher, and the Gospel of Thomas, before believing any religious organizations criteria of what proves a book to be true and long before I would believe any thing [canonized] by any agenda driven man.
As I said before, I am a believer or in most Catholicism perception minds, a Christian, but this believer is done with the milk and now only interested in the meat, so where's the beef, to borrow a phrase. I know who I am and who my King and my Knight are. I know what my inheritance is. As I have told many, when I was around 7 years old I was told that Jesus loved me, I believed it then and still do. I DO NOT need to be told that again. But my, that seems to be as far into the knowledge of God many can go, therefore it is no wonder God's people keep being defeated ie tricked so easily by Lucifer.

Last edited by K22; 06/26/19.