XXC.....

Yep, I understand your stated question. Legit question. Let me me respond and also address the issue of “blind faith” without any basis.

First, God recognizes the honest seeker. If one seeks God honestly then God responds. It really is that simple. But, if one does not seek or demands that God present Himself on that man’s terms, God may not respond. God promises that the seeker will find. You can use a bible search app and find that.

There are times when God calls.... sometimes when one is in extraordinary or difficult circumstances.....or not......God can do as He chooses and He does treat us as individuals as we are all different. “One size does not fit all.”

Now, this idea that has posted previously that there is no proof of God.... or proof of “Jesus” is simply not true. God called me and perhaps He even laid it on my heart to seek, I’m not real sure..... but, I sought and God responded. He indeed made Himself real to me and there was and still is no doubt about that.

No, I am not crazy and not deluded.

I have posted this before and will do it again.... I was 29 years old.... our real estate agent became a friend and badgered me to go to his church..... he asked my wife and I to go many times and then one Sunday night.... when attendance would be light, we went. I actually expected to sneak in, go out and thereby fulfill this friend’s request to “go to church.” Anyway, I heard things that night that I had never heard before in my life. I had many questions and went out and bought a Bible.

Now, here’s the important part... one night, my wife had gone to bed and I was up reading about the crucifixion. Ok, I think I got it .... Jesus died on the cross for our sins.... the I got stuck there.... I considered that many people have died horrible and excruciating deaths and so why is Jesus’ death so different? Also, it seems there were untold millions of people that Jesus died for....

So, I’m pondering this and I swear something kinda tapped the back of my neck.... then the words exploded in my head.....”Dave, if you had been the only one, I would have died for you.”

I was astonished and even looked around the room. The point is God....God revealed Himself and proved Himself to me.

So, yes there is proof and no, my faith is not based on “unreality.”

Get a Bible and read the Book of John.........

Last edited by TF49; 06/30/19. Reason: Spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”