Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It is simple good folks. Like Saul, you need to see the Light. I could post an image, but the non believers would find fault with that also.

The gospels have several contradictory accounts of Saul's conversion experience....which was probably an epileptic seizure.

Funny, I don't recall Saul's conversion being mentioned in the Gospels.

Brain glitch. I was thinking about contradictions in the new testament and wrote 'gospels'

Acts 9: men with Saul hear a voice, but see no one.
Acts 22:6-9: men with Saul saw the light but did not hear the voice.

Fair enough.

Now for your 'contradictions'. The New Testament was written over a long period of time long after Christ ascended into Heaven approximately thirty years after the fact. The Epistles and Acts of the Apostles were written over time up until about the 90's AD. By the 60s AD a lot of the original eye-witnesses were dying off and those who followed The Way were getting whacked on a regular basis. The Gospel Mark is most likely the first gospel written and it was primarily directed to the the Romans. St. Mark is the patron St. of Rome today BTW. The rest of the synoptic gospels were written after Mark and it's believed that they used each others notes. St. John The Theologian wrote his gospel last. It differs from the synoptic gospels as St. John is demonstrating and making the case of Christ's divinity.

The New Testament as we know it wasn't compiled until the late 300s to early 400s AD. So yes there may be some errors in detail due to copying and recopying of Epistles and notes, but that doesn't disprove the revelation of Jesus Christ and who He is. Rather it's fallible men writing down events as they remembered them. You can find the same sort of errors or perceptions of details in a modern day police report about an incident occurring within the last few hours or even a "nooz" report if they are being honest and aren't purposely making schitt up.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z