Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

There sits the heart of the matter. Like a festering boil.

I consider this a very fair question as long as it is understood to be answered within the context of those times. I would offer the following to consider:

a. Their moral pollution had reached its fullness and had become generational affecting even the small children. Gen. 15:16; Exodus 20:5
b. The pagan women would have led Israel’s children into idolatry. Deut.20:16,17; Num.25:1-3
c. God intended to preserve Israel in order to bless the whole world--in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed (Gen.22:18). Other contemporary nations also practiced genocide but only in self-interest.
d. The children in death were saved, while in life they would have been depraved and lost (Matt.19:14). It shows us the depravity of their idolatry, which was really demonic worship as it included child sacrifice (Deut.32:16,17; Lev.18:21).
e. God also set borders on Israel so that they could not expand beyond them in the practice of “genocide” to claim their inheritance. The border limits set them apart as a far “kinder nation” than the typical expansionist/raiding mentality of their neighbors.
f. They also were to be kind to the strangers and remember their hardship in Egypt (Ex.23:9).
g. (Deut.2:25) God placed his fear on the nations ahead of driving them out. They were forewarned and given the opportunity to leave if they chose to do so (Deut.20). Israel was driving out nations mightier than they by the help of God were not overwhelming them with superior numbers. (Deut.11:23)
h. People who wished to voluntarily join with Israel were recognized—Rahab, Ruth, Uriah the Hittite,

Sick.

Sick and a lame excuse.

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous.
But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God.
This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity." Carl Sagan

Well I don't think God is concerned about your judgment of Him based on your own standards, but one day He will judge you by His standards. Do we all get to judge God based on our personal varying standards--how would we arrive at a consensus of judgment? In the meantime with one broad statement you have characterized the heart of Judaism as sick.This is still their only Bible. Do you mean to call Judaism sick?

I do not want to judge anyone...BUT killing babies and children for any reason is SICK. That includes abortion.
Making excuses for killing kids is LAME in the highest degree.

“The major religions on the Earth contradict each other left and right. You can't all be correct. And what if all of you are wrong? It's a possibility, you know. You must care about the truth, right? Well, the way to winnow through all the differing contentions is to be skeptical. I'm not any more skeptical about your religious beliefs than I am about every new scientific idea I hear about. But in my line of work, they're called hypotheses, not inspiration and not revelation”. Carl Sagan's Contact

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."