Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by rimfire
TF49 You got it right when you die that's it. If you want to believe in an afterlife that is fine, I have no problem with you believing . That is all it is, a belief not a fact. I have no desire to take away your right to believe in a god I don't even support those who want to tear down religions symbols. My main beef with believers is they keep saying "your going to hell" if you don't conform to my belief system. (not all do this by any means)

Please don’t think about this in the negative. We as Christians want to tell others about the good news, forgiveness, justification, eternal life etc with God rather than you suffering in torment forever. If we don’t tell you then how will you know? There is actually a pressing within us that Gods spirit urges us to witness to others.
If you knew that your child was heading for danger would you not warn him because of your love and foreknowledge? We know what’s coming because the Bible proclaims it and we believe it. We don’t do this to be a PITA but because of Gods love for us and for you.

Love, good news, forgiveness...news for you sport, God is an arsehole...but he is my type of arsehole so we get along just fine.

I will leave the touchy-feelie version to those who require soft and cuddly with their news, mine is good with me carrying a sword.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.