Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

Where do you get the idea God has no jealousy? God tells us "My name is Jealous because I am a jealous God." (Exodus 34) You are anthropomorphizing God. You, and most including Christians, are missing the concept that God is Infinite. He fills the universe. Even the "space" between electrons and proton. That means when He loves He loves infinitely. Consider He set a rule that death is the punishment for sin and man's death cannot atone for his own sin. That's His rule and we can't do a thing to change it. So He sent His only Begotten Son to die for that punishment as a propitiation for all who will accept His Gift of His Son. When He hates He hates infinitely. Consider the Flood of Noah's time. Beautiful virgins, cute kittens, cuddly puppies, mean old men and caring mothers, lions, tigers, bears and yes even dinosaurs were all treated the same. We find their fossils in water born sediments all over the world.

No, this has nothing to do with me or 'my idea' - I am merely pointing out the contradictions between verses that clearly state that God is love, that Love is not jealous and verses that portray a vicious jealous God.

Once again....please take note of the attributes of a God of Love as described in the Bible as opposed to descriptions of a jealous vindictive God. The contradiction is undeniable. It is not something I am claiming, it is there in the bible;

"God is love." - 1 John 4:8
"Love is not jealous." - 1 Corinthians 13:4
"God is jealous." - Exodus 20:5

1 Corinthians 13; Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''

1 John 4:7-8; Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

As opposed to

Exodus 20:55 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos
3:6, KJV)

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? "
(Lamentations 3:38)

The Lord is a man of war, Exodus 15:3.

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies". Isaiah 42:13

I don't know who you are quoting but I never posted what you assigned to me as a quote. Let's try to be credible in who we assign as quoting--maybe it was an oversight ...