Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
So, on the contrary, it is the believer who dismisses these contradictions with no consideration, perhaps not understanding the argument, or even what a logical contradiction happens to look like.

I'm a little late with this, but here goes. Tell me what's wrong with contradictions.

Contradictions happen when two propositions (or more) are logically not compatible, therefore both cannot logically be true. In the simplest terms, if an object is described as being entirely white, it cannot be described as being entirely black....one description or the other must be false. Both cannot be true.

If God is described as a God of Love, who has no jealousy. who is good to all, love your enemy, etc, and God is described as being a jealous God, punishing generations for the sins of their fathers, ordering slaughter, killing guilty and innocent alike, etc.... both descriptions cannot be true, it can one or the other....or God is bipolar.

Is it possible there is a third reason these verses seem to contradict each other? Even in the limited books in the Bible there is a hint of something else going on. One of the hints begins in the Garden and the event that happened between the Serpent and Eve, the second hint is the lineage difference between Adams and Eve's. Not only do the "don't believe them books" fill in the blanks, but so do the Jewish and Islamic teachings. Limiting ourselves to only the 66 books limits our knowledge. One of the Jewish teachings concerning the first 2 verses of Genesis shows that God created the Earth, but chaos (lucifer added his creation to it) took over and He was then forced to renew or recreate the Earth again. The "noncanonized" books along with Hebrew teachings and the Quran point to this. These writings are "Religious/Christian" writings, then you have the many other "mythical" books and archaeology findings pointing to the same stories. There are many cities and stories labeled as untrue or myth that have recently been unearthed and proven as true, but Religious teachers still want to label as untrue by using the term myth, such as Roman myth or greek myth, always failing to expose the other myth..........Hebrew myth. But what I propose is that none of them are untrue and that mythology is nothing more than another word for history.