Originally Posted by Thunderstick
I find it very interesting to note the alleged distress over OT morality in the Jewish culture, but no distress over a worse morality in the surrounding nations of that time, and no distress over the current moral decline being promoted by these same skeptics in our time. The logical inconsistency is very evident.

In my view, you have pretty much right in the money with your responses.

These hidebound skeptics that show up.....,the seagulls....are simply sitting in their own judgment of God. They are actually “judging” God. Of course, this doesn’t turn out to well for them.

One clear example of misguided thinking is this “gathering of sticks” issue. The stick gather is not judged for the mere act of gathering wood, he is judged for clearly and willfully disobeying God. If you will, “sticking his finger up at God.”

The seagulls want to continue in their sin, continue in their rebellion and continue to behave as it they will not be held accountable.

I have heard many versions of the “God failed to convince me” excuse over the years.

Anyway, one clear teaching that the seagulls apparently don’t see is that God....the Law.... does not tolerate sin. Sin is not tolerated in heaven. This should give them a sobering thought. Apparently it does not. Tragic.

They will not see the light until..... now or later..... until they feel the heat.

Oh, also, the seagulls are apparently pacifists. They do not believe in survival by way of war. They should study history. When someone harms you or your children, retaliatory responses are appropriate.

Last edited by TF49; 07/10/19.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”