Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
There is a Marxist type of Skepticism that denies everything it does not want to believe, regardless of the evidence, in order to promote its liberation theology.

Then there is also evidence based critical thinking that is skeptical of the above and sees liberation theology as the opposite of real freedom that is based on self-evident truth.

I'm not a Marxist.

I'm a Capitalist.

Your inability to imagine Capitalist, Constitutionalist, Veteran who's also Atheist say volumes about your closed mind.

I did not say anything about capitalism. I am simply saying that skepticism which denies God and moral absolutes and which is totally materialistic in its approach is a Marxist type of skepticism.
Our founders were certainly critical thinking people and founded our nation on their belief in those self evident truths and on those premises wrote a Constitution. Are you accusing them of being close minded?

There's nothing "Marxist" about my skepticism, and your assertion that there is, is a slanderous ad hominem attack.

You have much more in common with the Marxist than I, because you both worship untrue propositions damaging to the well being of people.

Yes, indeed. Slander, it appears, becomes a means of defending the faith whenever a discussion or debate becomes uncomfortable or challenging for believers.

They did a whole lot more than just slander during the Inquisition. We know how Christians behave when they have unfettered power, they commit atrocities on the same scale as Stalin and Mao, but don't worry, Thunderstick will be along soon with his "No True Scottsman" Fallacy to tell how the leaders of the Inquisition didn't really believe they were Christians.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell