[/quote]

Yes of course you can have personal morals without writing them down. But unless they are based on something that can be written down they are worthless. Additionally, if you are going to do a moral analysis from a moral benchmark you need to write them down so everyone can see the moral benchmark. My code is written, but no skeptics have provided their code by which they are making moral observations and judgments.

And yes as you note no skeptic here seems willing to provide a written moral code that they will stand by. That is a very evident sign of the weakness of their system and why moral discussions with them are often unproductive. I did not ask for belief in deity, I asked for a written moral code for reference.

I'm still waiting for that--lacking that there is no moral foundation in skepticism and no means by which a skeptic can consider themselves a moral person.

Do you have a moral code that you ascribe to? Is it written or can it be written? Does anyone else use it or is it just your personal opinion?
[/quote]

I am not sure that the skeptics are unwilling to provide a written moral code, more like they simply do not feel the need. My moral code is written all over the place. No single document, but mostly learned with the way my parents raised me. For example, I learned honesty and fair treatment from my mother. I learned integrity from my father. I spent a career in the Army and they do have written values that I follow. Other than that, I don't feel the need to provide written proof of the moral code that I live by. I demonstrate each and every day by the way I live my life. My family and friends can testify if necessary. Of course thats hard for folks to see in a forum such as this.

Last edited by scoony; 07/12/19.