Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Jahrs
These questions may have never been answered

origin
meaning
morality
destiny

What's more honest. Make up an answer, or just admit that you don't know?

To admit that one does not know is more honest and that is ok.

It is faith, either you believe or do not believe.....it is a fifty fifty chance......the toss of a coin, either Heads or either Tails....Heads= peace, love, happiness forever....Tails= nothing, lights out, thats it, nada....

For me, I do not want to be shocked when I die and then find out there really is something on the other side of the grave...if you were a Tails believer, lights out, nothing, nada....but when you die see that there really is something and you were a Heads believer, then WOW...

Raspy,

What you're describing is know as Pascal's Wager.

There's a few problems with it. Just because there exists two possibilities, that doesn't mean they are equally weighted. Every time you drive to work, you can either get in an accident, or not get in an accident. If there were equally weighted possibilities it would happen roughly every other day, but I'm sure that's not the case for you.

Additionally, there's way more than two believe systems. Heck most version of Christianity has all other Christians going to hell, and then there's the billions of Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhist etc.....

What if the correct answer is The Mormons?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell