Originally Posted by scoony
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
DBT

I reiterate if you wish to do a more in-depth moral analysis of the Bible you need to declare:

1. if you are a moral person
2.if you have a moral code and then provide it in written form
3. if you believe the NT is a reliable record of Jesus' teachings.

It is sheer folly to proceed without this understanding in place. You want to engage in a moral analysis but you refuse to identify by what standard we are evaluating the coherency of Bible morality. Again if you do not have a moral code you are not a moral person and therefore not qualified to do a moral analysis of any type. Your amorality or immorality will prejudice you against any sound moral argument. This would be same as taking a convicted criminal from a penitentiary and sitting him in the judge's seat to interpret case law as he saw fit.
?

How do you prove that you have a moral code in written form. You can state what you believe in, but actions don't always match what we say. You prove your moral code in your actions. Morality comes in many forms. What is considered moral by one could very well be considered immoral to others.

Have you ever took a college level ethics class? You would know that a supernatural being is only one of about three main theories of the origins of ethics/morality. You do not need a belief in god to be a moral person. I would be willing to bet that in comparison of a religious group and an atheist group, they would both have about the same distribution of what many would consider moral and immoral population.

Your making a judgement against another member, and if he did provide a glimpse his moral compass, you would likely dismiss it based on your own bias.

I don't believe that is fair. What I do believe is Thunderstick has shown himself tolerant, patient, well spoken, and accepting without ridicule that which others post.

Of course, he believes that simply being a moral person will not save you. It won't.

Certainly, it will well serve anyone and everyone to have a well tuned moral compass, but beyond that there is a much larger and more significant prize.

And that prize is something we want for all of those who do not presently believe. Many have given their lives in taking this prize to the masses. It was also the last declaration made by Jesus to His disciples to spread the Word about Him throughout the world.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.