Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So are you saying the majority of Christianities are "deceptions".

There's over 34,000 variations of Christianity. How many of them have it right, and how many are "deceptions"?

It is certainly not possible for all 34,000 variations of Christian's to all be correct. And certainly not every variation of Buddiism, Jewery, Hinduism, Muslims, Pagans, Deists, etc, etc can be correct as well.

But it is very possible that they can ALL be wrong.

“The major religions on the Earth contradict each other left and right. You can't all be correct. And what if all of you are wrong? It's a possibility, you know. You must care about the truth, right? Well, the way to winnow through all the differing contentions is to be skeptical. I'm not any more skeptical about your religious beliefs than I am about every new scientific idea I hear about. But in my line of work, they're called hypotheses, not inspiration and not revelation”. Carl Sagan's Contact

Yes it is obvious they cannot all be correct. What is the basis by which skepticism makes a determination that none are true? Is it too mind boggling for a skeptic to seek truth? Perhaps its easier to dismiss them all and create their truth but never tell us the basis from which they establish their skepticism.